Sign in to follow this  

Spark Arrestor???

I just installed one on my 250X with the 05 r pipe and one on a 07 kawi.Boy the kawi was alot easier.Between the hacksaw cut that took three cuts and my packing that fell apart it was time consuming on the R pipe,oh yea and getting the stock cap out.But well worth it.I was gonna get mine from the TT store but every time I drew up the part numbers they said it was a wrong number or discontiued,I even E mailed them and called and they said they could get it but I got tired of waiting. I got mine from ebay at seismic cycle for 124.00 and a 10.00 discount.:censored:

If you heat the end cap with a torch it's a lot easier.

You need to heat up the black sealant around tip and pick it out, then heat up the end cap where it fits inside the muffler.

I know I heated it up with a heat gun and chipped the epoxy out of the end.

After my first saw cut in front of the end cap,the core was to long so I made another cut through the solid end before the holes being carful not to make it to short and it was still to long, finally I cut it a 1/4" into the hole area and it fit.Like most mods it's always different then what the instructions say.Plus a ride to the shop for packing.No biggy,just trying to prepair one for who might install it.:censored:

Did you guys happen to see the enlargement photo of the insert for the '07 what the hell...those tips look like its "BLAST OFF TIME" NASA are you listening...LOL

at promotobillet.com

Shoot, I might as well spend a couple hundred more and get the white bros exhaust with included spark arrestor. Thanks for the replies.

i was looking into the promoto spark arrestors but figured i might as well spend another 200 and get the factory4.1 with spark arrestors, sounds great and looks alot better than the bolt on spark arrestor.

by the way, I went ahead and bought an 05 crf 250r with procircuit pipe already installed and got the 20 dollar spark arrestor for it.