Sign in to follow this  

Thinking about a 125

Hi, im thinking about getting a 125 2 smoke for a new bike.:censored:

I just have a few questions,

1. is the rm 125 a good bike?

2.is there ways to lower the seat hight on it?(im not the tallest of people)

3. Is there ways to make a 2 smoke quieter?

Thanks for all of your time.

P.S. Im 13 5 foot 5 and and am comfertable on a 100 2 smoke

1. no, its a great bike.

2. at 5'5" you should be ok on a 125 i was probably not much taller when i started on my rm, but i'm not sure if the newer rm's are taller.

3.yeah i think fmf makes a quiet silencer. a stock 2smoke is quiet than an mx 4t anyway.

hope that helps.

The RM 125 is not all that good anymore. Suzuki has not done anything with it in a few years, and the engine is really peaky. The YZ 125 is excellent, as is the KTM 125. The YZ handles better than the KTM out of the box, but the KTM engine has more power. If you can't afford to modify your KTM, then you might be faster on a stock YZ. You can alter the fork offset of the KTM to get it to turn as nice as the YZ, but a lot of people aren't fond of or use to the non-link rear end of the Katoom.

If you get a KTM, try to get an 07. Much lighter than 06, better shock geometry w/the new frame, and the engine absolutely rocks hard. Read the mags on the bikes too. Hope this helps.

Honda? I remember when they cared about 2-snappers...back around 01. Asleep at the switch since then. And Kawi's really got nothing compared to the YZ or KTM 125, unless you spend a lot of money on suspension and engine upgrades.

The 125 will be fine. Get an 02' or 03' and when your ready get it bored 10cc's or bigger to the 144 kit. Then hold on there youngster it's gona fly. I'm 32, 5-07 175 and ride a 99' KX134 with no problems and it's alot of fun.