Sign in to follow this  

which chain???

I was wondering what Chain you guys are running??? The stock stuff SUCKS.

I believe I'll be putting on a Moose or Renthal gold chain tomorrow

i run the d.i.d. ert gold.it has the strongest tensile strength and stretches less.:censored:

+1 :ride: i have ran those chains on every one of my bikes with no problems. I choose not to run 0-ring or x-ring chains.

The did 520mx is the strongest non o'ring they make. It's rated for up to 500 2 strokes. That is what i run. Works awesome.

DID ert 520 is the only chain we run. i'm sure there are other good chains but we have had such good luck with the 520 gold.

I use the Renthal 520 Gold O-Ring Chain. It has a little more drag than a non o-ring chain. I just hate lubing and adjusting my chains all the time. After the first "stretch-in", I rarely, rarely, have to adjust this chain and they last several years. There are alot of good chains. Basically you get what you pay for. O-ring chains are better in wet muddy conditions because they are sealed with o-rings. Non-oring chains have less drag which is why they are popular with many of the racers.

This is what I would use:

Standard: DID ERT2

X-Ring: DID 520 X-Ring

O-Ring: Regina ORN6

I was wondering what Chain you guys are running??? The stock stuff SUCKS.

I believe I'll be putting on a Moose or Renthal gold chain tomorrow

I have done the research many times anf the RK 520 has the best tensile strengh of the following brands:

RK

DID

Renthal

Regina

I run the RK Black or Gold depending on what price I can get them for.

I ran a Dirt Tricks (Ironman) rear sprocket and an RK gold chain for n entire race season and had no wear on the rear sprocket at the end of the year.

That my friends is a cost effective winning combo.

www.dirttricks.com (Sprocket w/ 1 year gaurantee against wear)

www.ftmbiz.com (importer and wholesaler of Excel/RK)

You did not research the did 520mx because that has a slightly higher tensile strength than the heavy duty rk.

Did not mean that to sound rude, if it did. Merely stating the d.i.d 520mx has a slightly higher tensile. I' sure the rk is a top quality chain.

Yes I did. Take a look and you will see the RK has at least 300 lbs more tensil strength....and they are cheaper.

From personal experience I can tell you a stretched more DID than I ever did RK.

It's also why almost all road racing bikes use Rk.

Heavy duty rk has 8,800 pounds tensile strength, d.i.d 520mx has almost 9,000. I know it's close, but the d.i.d has got to be as good if not better than the rk. Are you thinking of the ert?

Yup, the old ert was 8,500. the MX from did must be within the last couple of years?

I just went shopping for chains online yesterday and the MX is still a pretty tough chain to come by and almost twice the cost of what I bought an ERT-2 for (even through TT's store). If I'm gonna spend that kind of money for a chain, I'd just go with an X or O ring chain.

I currently use RK chains on my mx bike and my roadrace bike. Good quality chain. I've used DID in the past as well on both bikes with ok results.

By the way, as far as tensile strength goes, it's only a key stroke (i.e., hp claims by manufacturers). They're all different and the tests are usually done by the manufacturers of the chains anyway.