Sign in to follow this  

'88 XR250R torque values needed

Hi guys, I don't have a manual so I was hoping someone could help me out and give me some appropriate torque values.

Front axle

Front axle pinch bolts

Rear axle

I think that's it for now.

Regards!

You should get someone to show you how tight to do these things up with a spanner, you need to get a feel of how much force is needed (you wont take a torque wrench on the trail)

The front and rear axle should be done up pretty tight (depends how big your biceps are) with a standard spanner, the pinch bolts not so much force as they will strip the threads.(If the pinch bolt was allen headed you will be able to overtighten it using a 4inch long allen key).

I only use torque figures for things like head bolts, crankcase bolts, flywheel etc.

I know how to gauge torque by feel, and I've done it before. But when I'm in the garage, I like to make sure I torque things properly. Know what I mean? I mean, I didn't buy that torque wrench for nothin'!

Hi guys, I don't have a manual so I was hoping someone could help me out and give me some appropriate torque values.

Front axle

Front axle pinch bolts

Rear axle

I think that's it for now.

Regards!

Front axle: 47 ft-lb

Axle holder nuts: 9 ft-lb tighten upper nuts first.

Pinch bolts: 24 ft-lb

Rear axle: 69 ft-lb

Perfect! Thanks!

I forgot something though...

Torque values for both sprocket bolts!

That's why I have 3. :ride:

Still need the specs for torquing down the bolts on both sprockets! Thanks guys!

:censored:

The torque value for the rear sprocket retaining bolts is 22 ft-lb. I can't find a value in the manual for the 6mm front sprocket retaining screws. The standard torque for 6mm screws is 6-9 ft-lb, but be careful with these screws, they are easily stripped/broken as are all the 6mm screws on the engine.