TE Speedo Replaced for "3rd" time!

My Te250 went in for its 3rd speedo. My dealer replaced it for me again.

One of the main reasons I purchased this husky was that it was street legal. And the speedo is a big part of that issue.

My question is will Husky make good on these as we go past our warranty???

They obviously have a problem with these speedos.

Also big thanks to my great dealer, Town and Country Cycles.

three! ouch. mine went once - on the first day. Replaced - by Town and Country, coincidentally, and it's been great ever since. What's going wrong with it. On mine the display wasn't showing all of the numbers. I read on here somebody fixed by themself it by pulling it apart and fiddling with one of the connectors inside.

Last spring mine lost LCD display too. The computer is still working inside, keeping track of everything. The contact strip between the board and the LCD is the culprit.

Take it apart, clean and put dielectric grease on the sandwiched contact between the board and the display. When you put it back together, pull board and LCD tight with some tape and stick a few dabs of silicone on there to keep it that way. When it dries, pull the tape off, put it back into the plastic housing and you should be good to go.

That's how I fixed mine and it has been good ever since.

It's quick, and it's easy understand what's happening once you pull the screws out of the thing and peek inside.

Sure this shouldn't have this happened in the first place, but in the overall scheme of things, it was really just a temporary inconvenience.

paul

I would think that doing what I did to fix mine could keep it from happening to yours....there are some guys that didn't have any problems at all. I think more did than didn't, though, and there were a lot of guys on here that fixed their own. I stole the idea for my fix from this forum.

paul

I think you can reset the odo for different segments. If you can decifer the manual it explains how. I don't run enduros competitively so I don't know the procedure myself but one thing I did notice during a dual sport ride last year was that the odo doesn't show tenths? of a mile so it's a bit of a pain when using the standard route sheet.

Thats good to hear about your dealer Town & Country:thumbsup: . Good dealers are always great to hear about:ride: . We race the TC's in off road out here and run the speedos from www.ElectroSport.com . They work great, run with a battery and give accurate settings. Just in case your looking for a change someday. Good to see a Fire Captain on here too. Steny

Thats good to hear about your dealer Town & Country:thumbsup: . Good dealers are always great to hear about:ride: . We race the TC's in off road out here and run the speedos from www.ElectroSport.com . They work great, run with a battery and give accurate settings. Just in case your looking for a change someday. Good to see a Fire Captain on here too. Steny

Which one did you run on the TC? What speedo pickup did you use? The magnet?

• 1 month later...
Last spring mine lost LCD display too. The computer is still working inside, keeping track of everything. The contact strip between the board and the LCD is the culprit.

Take it apart, clean and put dielectric grease on the sandwiched contact between the board and the display. When you put it back together, pull board and LCD tight with some tape and stick a few dabs of silicone on there to keep it that way. When it dries, pull the tape off, put it back into the plastic housing and you should be good to go.

It's quick, and it's easy understand what's happening once you pull the screws out of the thing and peek inside.

Sure this shouldn't have this happened in the first place, but in the overall scheme of things, it was really just a temporary inconvenience.

paul

I had a problem with mine yesterday. It was raining and my speedo went blank and then started working again but you couldnt read what it was trying to tell you. All the numbers were jumbled up. Took it out of the plastic housing today but saw NO moisture at all in there. Could NOT get the LCD to separate from the board, I was scared to break it.

Any further instructions or encouragement would be appreciated.

I had it out of the housing all day today and will try to see if it will work again when I get home from work.

I only replaced my OEM speedo one time, when the bike had 3 miles on it. Not because it was broken, but because I wanted something better than a bicycle unit on a dirt bike. I went with the TrailTech Lynx. About $100 and it was a great little unit which installed easily and never gave me a single issue. A friend got the Vapor, which is about $20 more. I would have gotten that one too, but I bought mine just before they released the Vapor. Would have been nice to have tach, and I think it does some temps too.

The TrailTech is good, rugged, functional stuff. Highly recommended.

Tom

Well my new speedo is DONE! I got it back from Town and country Cycles. Took it home. test drove it on the street and NOT EVERY FUNCTION WORKS!

I told the dealer. They are good guys but they cant be bothered.

I contacted MV Augusta and did not get a response.

I would love to know if anyone can get in touch with Husky?

I only replaced my OEM speedo one time, when the bike had 3 miles on it. Not because it was broken, but because I wanted something better than a bicycle unit on a dirt bike. I went with the TrailTech Lynx. About $100 and it was a great little unit which installed easily and never gave me a single issue. A friend got the Vapor, which is about $20 more. I would have gotten that one too, but I bought mine just before they released the Vapor. Would have been nice to have tach, and I think it does some temps too.

The TrailTech is good, rugged, functional stuff. Highly recommended.

Tom

Wanna sell me your stock one then?

• 6 months later...

EASY FIX 20 MIN ONLY ! AS GOOD AS NEW... THE INFO SHARED HERE IN HUSQY FORUM RULES !!!

paul

How do you switch it from kmh to mph. The manual is really confusing. How are you supposed to pull in the clutch, push the scroll button and start the bike at the same time?

Employ one of the neighborhood kids, or zip ty the clutch.

paul

Also can I reset my odo during an enduro?

I don't "think" you can reset the ODO "forward" like at a reset in an enduro. I could be wrong, but I looked over the manual and didn't see how. Also, unless I'm doing something wrong, "trip 1" resets to zero everytime I turn the ignition switch "off" (euro model) "Trip 2" will hold a constant mileage until I reset it, but can't forward the reading. I did the easy fix on my 07 TE, I installed my moose pacemaker enduro computer on the bike. Now I have 2 ODO's, differential time, clock, and all the race goodies...

All you have to do is "tap" into the 2 pickup wires running from the stock sensor pick-up and run to the computer. No need for another one:thumbsup:

Before you make a "perminent" connection use some wire with alligator clips to make sure you have it connected right, on my moose, one way it worked, the other it did not. Sweet set-up. Only way to go if you are going to do enduro's on a regular basis.

BTW, my thanks go out to this forum for the poster who did this "first" and posted it:thumbsup: