Sign in to follow this  

Lower triple clamp for USD conversion

What did those of you who've done the USD conversion do for your lower triple clearance? I had ordered an Applied triple, but they disontinued it so I am hosed. Can I make the stock triple work? I have an ALoop kit so I'm thinking the clearance won't be an issue but....

Anyone have any pics of their clamp?

Thanks,

Steve

I'm thinking I might be able to shave enough off of the stock lower clamp to make a little extra clearance, and then I'll use different smaller allen bolts to give a little more. Hopefully I won't lose any turning ability using this approach.

I used an Applied Racing lower clamp, drilled and tapped for steering stops and ground some metal off the edges for tank clearance.

I ordered the Applied clamp last week, found out yesterday that the part is no longer made. I'm hoping that I can do some grinding on the stock lower, and then use lower profile mounting bolts to make it work. I'm thinking that with my ALoop tank it might work out ok.

I'd love to see pics of steering stops, though I did find one by searching that looks pretty helpful.