Sign in to follow this  

Price of 06 450 and about possible leak in the filter system

Hey guys,

I can get a brand new 06 CRF 450 R for $5,083 OTD. that is a great price, NO?

What worries me is I have been hearing about how recent Hondas have a problem with dirt getting in the engine , something about the connection from the air box to the carb, well??? Is there still a problem with the 06?

Hey guys,

I can get a brand new 06 CRF 450 R for $5,083 OTD. that is a great price, NO?

What worries me is I have been hearing about how recent Hondas have a problem with dirt getting in the engine , something about the connection from the air box to the carb, well??? Is there still a problem with the 06?

No problem. My son's 06 has been bullet proof.

Do most riders put the grease around the seal between the airfilter or is good oil enough.

If you don't put grease between the filter and the seal expect to be rebuilding your motor quite often. the 450's suck way to much air to chance a little thing like grease. Yeah, it can get messy, especially in the Honda air box.........but I would rather clean up a little grease once a week than rebuild my motor every month:eek:

Matt

P.S. For those of you that insist it is not needed, I pity your ignorance! When you have to rebuild I will be here telling you "I TOLD YOU SO!!!" :censored: