05 honda crf 250 valves

have had my crf250r for just a little more than a year...have had to replace the valves and springs with the kibble white kit just after 8 hours..have had to readjust the valves 3 times now...just would like to know if any body else has had this problem...this is my first year racing and i am looking forward to the season...good luck to all and be safe...:ride::censored:

have had my crf250r for just a little more than a year...have had to replace the valves and springs with the gibble white kit just after 8 hours..have had to readjust the valves 3 times now...just would like to know if any body else has had this problem...this is my first year racing and i am looking forward to the season...good luck to all and be safe...:ride::censored:

You should have gotten the Kibblewhite Valves...I hear they are much stronger :applause:

By the way, did you put those gibble white ones in yourself?

Oh, and welcome to TT :applause:

Kibblewhite valves are inferior, have read may things about them, so they could get tight after a little amount of time.

But still valves SHOULD NOT get tight after 8 hours, try 80-100 hours before the first adjustment. I got 100 hours before the first adjustment on my 06 and now 10-15 hours later, when I did the piston, they have not moved at all.

I think every 2 or three rides is excessive, I would be checking them every 30-40 hours

Just keep up with regular maintenance and everything will be fine.

thank you for the info...iam riding and racing on a very tight budget..ichange the oil every 3 hours and so on...:censored:

If your on a tight budget, dont change your oil every 3 hours... Some people change it every ride, but most, including myself change it about every 2 rides.

Your oil doesn't go bad in 3 hours, even if you race it.

yes the head was done preferentially by heavy buty racing in v.a the seat were recut sping pressure set all the good stuff...my cousin has the 07 crf250r with 3 hours on it and the valvas are tight 4and 9 should be 5 and 11.

Both of my new bikes were out of spec after break in.You should always check a new bike after break in and set to your liking and to also know where you start at.4 is still in spec,9 is still ok but not in spec acording to the manual.I set mine at, 8 ex and 5-6 in, per my mechanic.He says he sets some of his race bikes at 5&5 a little hard to start but making max power.

I rode my 05 crf 250r five times in the desert and the valves mushroomed. Got kibble white valves and changed gearing to 14/47. the valves havn't moved since september. Break it in nicely after you install new valves.

sounds like you installed the filter wrong and sand got into teh engine :censored: