Sign in to follow this  

Bike advise

Hello fellow two-stroke enthusiasts, anouther annoying "which bike" question. My friend and soon to be riding buddy is ready to make the step from his KLX125 to a fullsize. Hes looking for a bike that is similar to my 05 KTM 200EXC that can handle the same type of riding. I trailride, aggressivly, and race a few Harescrambles. He's only 5'3" and this only the second bike he's ever ridden. Which bike do you think would suit him best? KDX200, KX125 KX100? anny help would be appreciated.

:censored: Thanks in advance:ride:

Probably the 200. That way once he gets used to the hit he will be able to keep up with you and still have a good trails bike that he can thrash on without having to do too much modding.

Another vote for the 200 here, lots of upgrade options and a low seat hight. The rear light is just a running light tho, not a brake light.

No th rear light is not a brake light. As far as I know the KDX is not a licensible bike. It may be in the last couple years. Ihave seen them with the signals and stuff on them. So maybe a newer one might be.

KDX all the way. Its easy to put a rear brake light on. A UFO rear fender comes with the two way bulb. All you would have to do is run the wiring and switches to the brakes. Not to brag but check out my set up. I've got a rear taillight/brake light and front highs and lows. It was all pretty cheap. I would suggest an LED 1157 for the brake and tailight to save your magneto from working too hard with all the added lights. And yes at one time in Utah my bike was plated and had the front fork tags to prove it. It all looked like crap so I tore all that off. Along with the UGLY enduro rear fender.

PS I've had no problem keeping up with my buddies DRZ400. He was even impressed, and I havn't been ridin long. The kdx rocks for offroad or flat flyin!!

If he does get something and needs help I'll be here. I can take more pictures for reference to anything he may need.

I have a kx100 myself, and although its only been in my ownership for a few weeks, I have completely fallen in love with this thing. Its lightweight, small, and FAST. I dont think it would be small for your friend, but it is for me, but in a good way. The KDX 200 will definitely be big for him, and the 125 will be too hard to move up to.

Definitely the Kx100, luggable, lightweight, fun, and wow is that suspension a huge upgrade from a 4 stroke minibike...

I would say let him start some bikes up, sit on them, ride em a bit, and decide which best suits his riding style. KX100 would do MUCH better in the harescrambles and whatever else he wants to ride in, and this thing handles great in all conditions. The owner before me rode this huge hill climb at hollister hills on this bike, so plenty of power. Im glad to say that im riding the hill climb this weekend myself, wish me luck guys!

-Ryan