Sign in to follow this  

Anna on Mon. 2/19

I'll get there between 3 and 4pm. Anybody else going up today? New track, can't wait to check it out.

Yea was plannin on goin but i got stuck in the smoky mountains in gatlinburg. We were at the top and the road wound down the side and it turned to straight ice and snow and some cars ran off the sides of cliffs. SO yea i wasn't able to make.:lol::applause: :applause:

How is everybody doing, hey just let me know how the new track design is because i am considering maybe going up this saturday.

How far is this track from Cleveland?

Might be close to 3 hours for you. With Ram Jam so close, would be hard to justify the drive I'd guess.

I'm probably going to go this Saturday, so please give us a full report on how the new layout is.:applause:

Ok, I'm a bit pissed. :cry: It took quite a bit of effort but I got up there at 4pm only to find Jason had changed the schedule. He was closed! Based on my recollection and the fact that the website was last updated on 2/18, my guess is he changed the schedule on Sunday. When I asked him when it was changed he only side stepped my question. This really isn't good business in my opinion. I can accept the late change in schedule, but just take credit for it. :cry:

I haven't been able to talk to anyone that's ridden the new layout yet. But I did get to walk the new track while I was there. I'll start from the beginning... Start line to the first turn where you will find some funky, wicked looking whoops along the back wall. Turn left into a split rythm section... right side is a BIG triple that throws you higher than the heaters, the landing is very rounded and safe though. Left side is a double, double that looks to be a bit technical but doable. Left turn into the triple that was there before, but the take off is built up another 2 feet. Making doubleing it a little tricky not to over jump I'd imagine. Right turn into the catapult jump. Take off looks the same. About 8 inches has been taken off the back edge of the landing. This makes the downside look about 4-5 feet closer, longer and smoother. No more bouncing if you come up a little short. The berm afterwards has been extended to the left. It now covers the first 2 starting gates. I think the fun factor will remain the same for this jump but make it much safer for the novice riders. :applause: According to Jason, the novice riders really like the changes, while it is still very fun for the A+ guys as well.

I guess we will find out Saturday... oh, yeah... he has a little suprise for Saturday also...:lol:

Aw man, that sux and I wouldn't be happy either.:applause:

The track layout sounds nice, especially the catapult jump for people coming up short. I know when I first was hitting it and coming up short, I hit hard! Glad to hear that tripple has a little bit more of a lip, cause I was thinking hard about hitting it the last time I was up there with you Honda163.

I'm planning on coming up Saturday, and I can't wait since I haven't ridden in a few weeks, I'm going nutz!:applause:

After talking to my friend, I think we will be there on Friday instead. Hopefully the current schedule on the OMA site is correct.:applause: