Sign in to follow this  

Lamson holeshot

sl3.jpg

125 moto 1, Hangtown 2001

Travis Preston could have been ripping those starts also. The next year Lamson bagged another start in the 250 class.

Nice pic. Great things could have come from that pair-up. Too bad he got injured early on. Lots of eyes were on Husky that year, it was truely pivotal for local amateurs everywhere that were interested in husky............If only!!!!!!!! My heart was broken by that whole ordeal. It ended up being bad PR for Husky, even though Lamson loved the bikes.......whah whah whah.

If only Chiodi hadn't got hurt and could have rode in the US. If Husky wants to make a dent in US MX, they should do a 125 spec class. Everyone rides stock CR125's in regional races and then have a National final. Great transition between 85's and 250F's and gets kids on Huskys.

Norman

Yeah there were some Huskies racing around here at that time . I probably saw you race...did you race out at Lake Geneva ? Dave Oettel also raced the Husqvarnas and did well on them .

joel dengler had that dkny deal,def cool to get the support but i dont think he cared for the 250 he was ridin.he never did fare that well on it.husky isnt exactly setting he world on fire when it comes to pr.i still like the wr-125 and think thier 2 stroke woods bike have alot of merit.i think the 2 stroke mxers have been left behind tho

If only Chiodi hadn't got hurt and could have rode in the US. If Husky wants to make a dent in US MX, they should do a 125 spec class. Everyone rides stock CR125's in regional races and then have a National final. Great transition between 85's and 250F's and gets kids on Huskys.

Norman

That is a great idea! Affordable amateur MX racing and great marketing for Husky!