Sign in to follow this  

Vinyl Tubing

Hello all,

I am in the middle of doing the turkey baster coolant catch tank mod, and was wondering....

I bought some Vinyl tubing from Home Dept, figured I would change the overflow vent line that runs to the bottom of the baster from the rad cap area, get rid of the stock one and use a nice new clear one...

question, will the vinyl tubing melt? when the rad gets hot, I really dont want a melted tub on the rad neck where it plugs in... anyone know if this will stand up to the heat?? thanks!! :censored:

it will be fine had that setup on my 03 worked great. your going to run the overflow into the bottom of the turkey baster and a new vent overflow out of the top back down under like the original was run. if you can fasten the turkey with plastic wire tys behind the radiator.

it will be fine had that setup on my 03 worked great. your going to run the overflow into the bottom of the turkey baster and a new vent overflow out of the top back down under like the original was run. if you can fasten the turkey with plastic wire tys behind the radiator.

cool thanks, not sure where to mount, might mount it in front and zip tie where the rab bolts on, I will check it out... thanks again!! :censored:

check my 07 in my garage and look at the fender shot of the tt stickers----u can see my turkey baster-----i have it in the same spot on my 03-----works wonderfully!!!!!!!!!thanks joe dizzle!!!!for the idea

thanks to everyone for the great information!! on the Turkey Baster, was very easy, here is mine... its my 1st time doing anything like this, but i think its ok... wont be able to test it out untill this weekend.. thanks!!

S6000166.jpg

S6000167.jpg

:censored:

where does that tube go on top of the baster?????

it just goes up a few inches and bends down, I was going to run it all the way down to where the original overflow tube went, but just decided to cut it short and aim it down, so if I do boil the baster over, which i doubt will happen, it will fall to the side instead of like a volcano effect of the baster.

there is a possibility of dirt entering your system with it like that

good point, guess I will go down and make the tube go all the way down, thanks!! godo think the tube came in like a 10' roll..

you read my mind----add more hose man----then you are good to go----i made the tube smaller in dia towards the bottmom of my bike----just slid the smaller stuff into the bigger one and clamped it----