Sign in to follow this  

05 yz450f cuts out

I have an 05 yz450f with a JD jetting kit set for sea level to 3000ft, red needle. I just put on my white brothers aluminum pro exhaust and the jetting kit and if blip the throttle open at idle the bike cuts out and dies or throws a nice blue flame out the back. I tried messing with the fuel screw but I couldnt tell if the idle was going up or down as I went from 1 turn to 2.5 turns.

I just tried turning it out 3 turns to see if it was too lean and the bike wouldnt idle and just died. Does that mean my pilot jet is too big? I would think it would be too lean with the full exhaust and filter.

When you say blip the throttle, are you snapping it like you would a two stroke, because if you are then stop. If you are rollin the throttle and this is happening, then we will need more info

Main Jet size

Pilot jet size

Neddle

Clip position

Temp's

Also what does it do when you are ridding it? There is a big difference between how the bike runs on a stand, and how it runs when being riden.

ok I have made some changes to it and it is a little better.

main jet - 170

pilot jet - stock

Neddle - Red needle out of the JD jetting kit

Clip position - was at 4th from top now at 3rd from top

Temp's - Dallas, tx.....right now high 70's

When I ride the bike, it seems to cut out under partial throttle, but under full throttle it does not cut out. On the down rev it it back-fires. Though changing the clip position helped some. It doesnt backfire as much on down rev. It still cuts out here and there when at partial throttle.

Yes i was snapping it like a 2-stroke, but even if I dont snap it, starting from a stop it will die when I give it gas and am letting the clutch out....maybe its still a small snap and I just dont know I am doing it. Why can you not snap the throttle open?

One of the guys I race with told me that popping on down rev with the throttle closed means it is too lean....is this true?