Bummed

Hey I'm pretty new to Thumper Talk, just been reading and learing for a few months. Anyway to day I had my bike (07 DRZ-S) up on a stand, I was fixing a flat front tire ... anyway the next thing I know it's on it's side and oil is pouring out!!!!! I looked closer and the fall drove my gear shifter in to my stator cover .... there's a big hole there now!!!! Yes I know that everybody says that side guards are one of the first things to get but I haven't even gotten my tires dirty yet!! This has got to be a design flaw from Suzuki, there is no way that these bikes should be this fragile!!! I had a 91 dr350 and the thing was a tank, I dumped it many many times and never a problem. This bike falls over standing still and punctures the stator cover???

Ok enough whining .... so anybody know where I can get a "cheap" replacement cover? Any after market covers out there? I really don't want to spend $180 (canadian) on an oem one :censored:

How can I tell if my stator is damaged or not? Obviously I'll visually inspect it .... is it really fragile?
welcome to TT fellow countryman.:censored:

when you take the cover off check and see what the gearshifter may of touched.hopfully all you'll need is a new cover.there's one on ebay right now.:ride:

That sucks man, but don't feel like the Lone Ranger. That's how the CFC side covers were invented.

The guy was washing his bike in the driveway and it fell over, breaking the side case.

Be sure to file the can opener off your shifter.:ride:

My buddy dropped his on a rocky hill climb(second ride on the bike).

The shifter poked a 1" hole in the case. Had to be towed back 5 miles.

A new case is around $130. Bryan @ the TT store had one for around $90 I think. That was last year though.:censored: