Sign in to follow this  

chain and sprocket

I seek chains and sprocket to center on the performance not for maintenance, I would like to know which chains and sprocket of the type 428 is more lightweight in industry for gain throttle response and horsepower by dumping the power robbing stock drive system. I intended to say that the company sidewinders could be effective, but which combination of sprocket I must use because there is several kind of sprocket, I do not want neccesary more speed only + 1 or 2 mph.

for xr100r 2003

Ditch the 428 and get a 420 set-up. If you want more power, get some engine work done.

Less drivetrain mass won't get you more speed but it will get you there faster. "Throttle response" as you put it. Go to the lighter 420 from an XR80 as socal says. Its strong enough since its used on the CR80's.

Are you asking what front/rear combination would be best? You seem to want both better acceleration and higher top speed which are generally mutually exclusive for a given HP output. Obviously taller gears might get you more speed if you have the HP to pull them but at the expense of acceleration.

I wants simply gained some mph (1 or 2) try some to lose less acceleration than possible. I am to interest by your idea to install of the 420, which year the sprockets of the xr80 and his bolt on or machined demand. thank you for the assistance and which chains to advise me you, lightest possible I imagine

Any year xr80 will work. For a chain, they come in different grades. Cheap $6 or expenenive $40. I'm cheap, so I always get the cheap ones. I have an expensive Regina gold one, but it's too nice to put my bike. :censored: