Baja Orphanage

Does anyone have any contact info for the orphange thats down by Trinidad? My daughter and her friends are working on a school project, and they would like to help the orphanage, but I don't know how to get a hold of them. I don't know if it would be possible or not, but I figured if I can get a number or something, they can call and find out for themselves. I think it would be a great experience for our kids to go down there, and help much less fortunate kids.

Hey Bee Man... errr Wee Man :ride:

Its known as 'Hogar Refugio Infantil El Oasis' and is supported through the Northern Mexican Union Conference of the Seventh Day Adventists (don't ask me how I know this... its still painful :censored: )

I thought they had a web site but I couldn't find it.

here's the address: http://www.adventistdirectory.org/view_Entity.asp?EntityID=30150

Worthy cause indeed. I tip my hat to Mike Kay for setting up those runs last year.

Ron

Thanks. Thats what I was looking for.

Rob let us know what your daughter and friends put together in support of the orphanage. I've got a 16 and 11 year that need to experience the realities of life outside their own comfortable surroundings and there may be others on this board that would participate or support also.

I was raised a Seventh Day Adventist while growing up just outside of Seattle and I've spent several Christmases driving down to Mexico with a trailer full of donated supplies to distribute to those that weren't afforded the same opportunities as I. It has made some very lasting impressions and you've reminded me that my children should share the same.

thanks,

Ron

Rob let us know what your daughter and friends put together in support of the orphanage. I've got a 16 and 11 year that need to experience the realities of life outside their own comfortable surroundings and there may be others on this board that would participate or support also.

There are other orphanages in Baja if you want to spread the wealth around. So many in need these days.

There are other orphanages in Baja if you want to spread the wealth around. So many in need these days.

Agreed... and in our cities, our own state and country also.

There are specific reasons why charitable organizations set up near borders, for the obvious, its easier to get volunteers to spend their time on site. Institutions like 'Hogar Refugio Infantil El Oasis' are associated with a Union Conference so that it guarantees minimum budget per annum. This keeps them from closing their doors if the charitable contributions are down. (Disclaimer: I am not associated with this particular organization and do not know their program)

Not for Profit organizations like Malcoms Smith's Motorsports Foundation (and many, many others) are essential for providing materials that allow a charitable institution to grow and expand as 'El Oasis' has been able to do.

My preference is to contribute to established organizations like 'El Oasis' because I know the budgets have been thought out and will be executed to help as many kids as possible. And it makes me feel pretty good… :censored:

Ron