Sign in to follow this  

Pueblo conditions

Just wondering if any of you Pueblo people could let me know how much snow you received this week? Also what the soil conditions are like? I have been their and seen the new fence but I need to ride no matter how big or small the area is. I am thinking of hitting it on Sunday. If anywon is interested in riding I will be leaving Castle Rock around 9 or 10. I may have room for 1 bike and rider depending on if any of my buds want to go.

We only got a dusting on Wed. Even the large pile that I had shoveled everything from my driveway during the last two months is gone, so I'm going to say probably nothing on the surface, but I bet there's mud in places. My dirt driveway with pea gravel is mushy. I'm only about 3-5 miles from the riding area, as the crow flies. Maybe less.

I'm still in need of a way to transport my bike, but one of these weeks, I will be ready to ride! I'll probably start in Pueblo, as you can find easy trails. I need to get my dirt bike skillz back. It should be both painful and humorus my first few times back on the bike.... Put the whambulance on standby...:lol:

The good news is that I might be getting a brand new Ford E250 van for my work vehicle. I think maybe a dirtbike will fit in there if I try real hard...:censored:

I'll dust off my measuring tape, and hopefully I get the van next week. :ride:

Where in Pueblo do you ride? I'd make the drive down from Boulder on Sunday for a day in the dirt if it wouldn't be tearing things up. Any more local info would be greatly appreciated.

If you know the area around the drag strip. Thats where we go. Its open kinda like badlands/desert riding. Their is an MX track. Part of the area was closed down last year. But for me their is still enough area to get a good fix. Its Pretty much @ the corner of 50 and pueblo Blvd. If you are by your self you could meet me in Castle rock and ride with us. PM me if you are interested.

does anyone know of a place where i could find an updated map of where riding is allowed? I was planning a trip out there for spring break but heard that a good portion was closed so we opted for moab (not a bad sacrifice).

so yeah, any updated pueblo info would be awesome

I was their today. It's pretty much cut in half by a new fence installed by the State parks. It runs about a mile from the intersection of the tracks and Pueblo Blvd, west to where the houses are. Pretty much cutting off all of the good stuff in back South west area. People have already started cutting it down. I don't condone it being cut or riding in the out bounds areas. In the end it will only get it all shut down.

I would not evevn consider PMI if you had a chance to go to moab.... I live here in Pueblo and have not been for over a year now! (other than on my mountain bike)

yeah it was supposed to be a 2 day pueblo trip as we had done the past couple of years but once we found out most was closed we changed to a 5 day Moab/camping trip :applause: