Sign in to follow this  

hello... I'm a Newb

Hello all.. i'm new here... so i'll introduce myself.. I live in Stockton, Northern California, i'm 24.. my boyfriend and i bought matching suzuki dual sports. he got a drz400 and i got a dr200.... we are pretty much broken up now and so now i have no one to go riding with.. i'm new to dirtbiking and not great at it.. basically i take beginner trails up the hill and drop my bike about 5 times a day.. but since we havent been together i havent gone riding much... Basically i wanna get better at riding, and meet new people, especially girls who ride in my area =) hit me up anytime..

Hello all.. i'm new here... so i'll introduce myself.. I live in Stockton, Northern California, i'm 24.. my boyfriend and i bought matching suzuki dual sports. he got a drz400 and i got a dr200.... we are pretty much broken up now and so now i have no one to go riding with.. i'm new to dirtbiking and not great at it.. basically i take beginner trails up the hill and drop my bike about 5 times a day.. but since we havent been together i havent gone riding much... Basically i wanna get better at riding, and meet new people, especially girls who ride in my area =) hit me up anytime..

Welcome aboard. You dont drop your bike that much now come on. sunday carnige.. :ride::censored:

Welcome! Actually I'm new here also, I just never bothered to introduce myself :censored: not sure why... But I love hearing about people getting into bikes! If I wasn't so far away I would definately ride with ya! I grew up in California, moved to Idaho about 10 years ago...

anyway, stick with it, you'll find people to go with, just don't give up on it!! It's the best hobby/pasttime/sport EVER! Goodluck to you... :ride:

Im also new....getting back to riding after 15 or so years away from riding. I am in Stockton and I go with a couple of friends fairly often. We like Carnagie in the middle of the week. We are some 40ish guys who try to fit it in with kids, wives, PTA and what not. We trailer the bikes up there and usually have room for one more. Ill let you know next time we get out there.

Welcome to TT! I'm sure you'll find tons of people to ride with here!

Don't forget the 'Where to Ride' forums as well, many times members will post there when they are planning big group rides. And don't worry about being a newbie, just let people know your skill level and find out how hard they plan on riding, and they'll let you know if the ride they are planning sounds right for you.

Oh my goodness. I wish we lived closer. I started on the DR200 too. I just moved up to the DRZ400sm in october. I do miss my DR. It's a very good starter bike. Don't feel bad about the trails. The DR is a heavy dirt bike. It likes to nose dive. I did the same thing. You are starting out the right way (IMO). Learn that bike, and when you are totally comfortable on it, and complete confidence, you will be ready for the DRZ. Good Luck, and Welcome.

Welcome! Actually I'm new here also, I just never bothered to introduce myself :bonk: not sure why... But I love hearing about people getting into bikes! If I wasn't so far away I would definately ride with ya! I grew up in California, moved to Idaho about 10 years ago...

anyway, stick with it, you'll find people to go with, just don't give up on it!! It's the best hobby/pasttime/sport EVER! Goodluck to you... :D

Hey now, I grew up in Cali and I'm in Idaho too, up north of Coeur d'Alene.

sylver: Keep riding by yourself, eventually you'll find someone who loves it (I hear a call for a "Singles" forum on TT :naughty: )

sylver: Keep riding by yourself, eventually you'll find someone who loves it (I hear a call for a "Singles" forum on TT :bonk: )

yeah, because THAT'S not a recipe for disaster!!!

Great idea--but it would turn into a giant sewer in a hurry.

yeah, because THAT'S not a recipe for disaster!!!

Great idea--but it would turn into a giant sewer in a hurry.

Yeah, but it's a nice thought. Ah well. :bonk:

Yeah, but it's a nice thought. Ah well. :bonk:

remember the average intellect many posters choose to show here on this site ...

Girls up here have the same problem...they want to go ride but not just with the boys.....Is there a candian forum to get hooked up with other riders....