Sign in to follow this  

3 rail trailers???????

has anyone had any experience w/ them? if so do they actually fit three "adult" bikes like awr450, crf450 and an xr 400?????

Yea, I've used them in the past and they work great and yes, you can get full sized bikes on them, no problem. Here's a tip, put some plywood down on the frame between the rails for a place to stand and to carry extra stuff!

has anyone had any experience w/ them? if so do they actually fit three "adult" bikes like awr450, crf450 and an xr 400?????

Yes. Generally they stagger the bikes all forward with the middle bike sitting farther forward.

My does not have plywood to stand on and it would be nice. That expanded metal would be better. allows dirt to fall through and doesn't rot. I am from WA so that is important to me. :censored:

my buddy has an older one and it will easily fit 3 mx type bikes. we tried to load 2 klr 650's and a honda 650l and that is tight ... these bikes are big though. 3 mx bikes .. no problem scott

I've got a 3 rail - you can EASILY haul 3 dirt bikes or dual sport bikes on most three-rail.

I moved my two outside rails outward 4" and carry three sport bikes on mine with no problems.

If you get one, here's a nifty idea for you. I bought two garage door tracks and mounted them underneath my trailer. I then built a ramp and welded garage door rollers to the sides of the ramp. When not in use, the ramp rides underneath the trailer. When needed, pull a pin up front and roll the ramp out from under the trailer. :ride:

I can post pictures if anyone's interested...

That expanded metal would be better. allows dirt to fall through and doesn't rot. I am from WA so that is important to me. :censored:

He's right - expanded metal works great! Provides plenty of traction when it's muddy - and it's A MUST to have a floor - nothing worse than trying to keep a bike centered on those tiny rails with no floor to stand on. I came super close to dropping my CBR many, many times before I got wise and put an expanded metal floor on the trailer.

I've got a 3 rail - you can EASILY haul 3 dirt bikes or dual sport bikes on most three-rail.

I moved my two outside rails outward 4" and carry three sport bikes on mine with no problems.

how wide is the whole trailer? and ho wlong is it.? thanx

here is my home-built with three full size bikes. The side bikes are staggered 14" back from the center bike and the rails are spaced 18" center to center.

Toad_trailer_upload.JPG

Rig_three_bikes.JPG

Upload_trailer_right_back.JPG

here is my home-built with three full size bikes. The side bikes are staggered 14" back from the center bike and the rails are spaced 18" center to center.

Toad_trailer_upload.JPG

Rig_three_bikes.JPG

Upload_trailer_right_back.JPG

sorry to trouble ya but can you tell me how long & wide the whole trialer is? what size and type of rails did you use? how long of rails? how much did it cost you to build it?