Interested in the Pitster X3R

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i"d buy anything but the x3.. i have had one and sold it will less than 1hr on it.

it weighs as much as i tank at 155lbs. the rear shock is a pogo stick. the carb is very hard to get on and off. YOU HAVE TO DROP THE SWINGARM and FOOT PEGS to take the motor out. there are no good exhuast options.. the brake mount postion is bad causing the front brake to hang. just wait on something else. the only reason people will like this bike is because they spent so much $ to get it.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a120/eayers23/Picture3278.jpg

Yeah, I'm with RK. I never really liked the X3's, they just look kinda weird to me. It's like they have one of those stupid pit king lift kits on there stock or something. If money's no object, then yeah go BBR. But unless you're gonna be racing, or just want the bragging rights then I'd prolly order up a Pitster X2R, and go ahead an preorder an SGR X4. Then you've got the best of both worlds. A bike for the fifty class, and a bike for the 110 class.

i"d buy anything but the x3.. i have had one and sold it will less than 1hr on it.

it weighs as much as i tank at 155lbs. the rear shock is a pogo stick. the carb is very hard to get on and off. YOU HAVE TO DROP THE SWINGARM and FOOT PEGS to take the motor out. there are no good exhuast options.. the brake mount postion is bad causing the front brake to hang. just wait on something else. the only reason people will like this bike is because they spent so much $ to get it.

trouble in paradise ? or just sour grapes ? hummmmmmmmm

how come you didn't mention that to me when I was buying your x3 from you RK?

the x3r is a great bike. the new ones just came in and all of the issues rk is complaining about have been fixed. they come with a new shock,

the rear brake has been fixed and they even have some new goodies like a engine dress up kit,anodized billet hubs, a new exhaust system that is much better now. We race and thrash on the x3's every weekend and are haviing no issues. they are very competitive also with the 146 kits we have in them.

and I would stay clear from motovert, not even sure if there still around or what the deal is?

As much as everyone here has tried to right them off, it seems to me that the Motovert's are still in the US. Here in Australia they are still going strong and it seems to me that each shipment is spoken for before it arrives in the shop.

Funny how any problems with a Pitster are deemed as 'minor', yet any other brand with the same problem is a major design flaw.

the x3r is a great bike. the new ones just came in and all of the issues rk is complaining about have been fixed. they come with a new shock,

the rear brake has been fixed and they even have some new goodies like a engine dress up kit,anodized billet hubs, a new exhaust system that is much better now. We race and thrash on the x3's every weekend and are haviing no issues. they are very competitive also with the 146 kits we have in them.

and I would stay clear from motovert, not even sure if there still around or what the deal is?

after what RK said it completely changed my mind, but with that said i'm sure i'll be going with this bike. now my only other question is where would i be able to get two of these? would a local dealer have the upgraded x3's or would they most likely have the old set meaning i'd have to order two straight from pitster in order to get the upraded bikes? i'm located in anaheim and my 2nd location is riverside

Staggs Racing is right there in Victorville. You could probably call him and work out getting a couple from him. I wasn't a big fan of the x3 either until I saw the new ones. They have made huge improvements on it. It has geometry identical to the BBR Perimeter and the frame is just a hair heavier. The new ones are about as sick as it gets. You won't be sad you got one if you do.

Staggs Racing is right there in Victorville. You could probably call him and work out getting a couple from him. I wasn't a big fan of the x3 either until I saw the new ones. They have made huge improvements on it. It has geometry identical to the BBR Perimeter and the frame is just a hair heavier. The new ones are about as sick as it gets. You won't be sad you got one if you do.

how much more are we looking at weight wise?

i got the new upgraded shock remember? and wheels sence mine were rusting all over. the bike has to many flaws, they are only trying to make room for the x4's. the x3 will be viewed as a mistake just like the x. who wants to drop the pegs and swingarm everytime you drop the motor? the bike is 30lbs to heavy