Sign in to follow this  

20,000 miles

I just turned over 20,000 miles on my way home from work tonight. I have had zero problems with "Ol Yeller" and still love to ride it, but I am ready for spring....

Nice! I hope to get 20k or more out of mine before a rebuild. It sounds like you commute yours but could you break down your street/dirt time and also your oil and air filter change interval? Have you been keeping an eye on your valves? Ever had to shim?

Here's to 20 more! :ride::censored:

It is my daily commuter, about 35 miles a day, and all the dual sport rides I can find time for once it warms up a bit. The valves have never had to be shimmed and I change my oil every 2,000 miles with Motul full synthetic. It still runs as good as the day it was new, I plan on at least 20,000 more before time to rebuild. This thing is a rock......

Yep me to 23600 miles no problems just going to order MT 436 Kit that will go on soon , checked valves twice all within .

Hey Okie1 Are you going to the Eureka Springs thing at the end of March?
What Eureka Springs thing is that, I am always up for another ride. where in Oklahoma are you?

I like reading about the high mileages people are getting. I just passed 10,000 miles on my 06 S and never had any problems. Gotta love these bikes!!!!!!!!!!

My DRZ at 40,000 mile didnt burn oil, the cam chain at best will yield about 40,000+ miles( i probably ony had 500 or so offroad miles), I replaced my cam chain at 35,000 mile but the ACCT only had 2 clicks left. It probably would have yield another 10,000 mile to failure

The original stator went bad after the 20,000 mile mark.

I saw no deterioration power wise, it was very sound.

I just turned over 20,000 miles on my way home from work tonight. I have had zero problems with "Ol Yeller" and still love to ride it, but I am ready for spring....

this is the reason i sold my husaberg and bought a green DRZ !