Sign in to follow this  

Proud new Husky owner saying Hi

Hallo.

This is my first post, just wanna say hi.

So....hi.

I`m the proud new owner of a 2005 sm510r in Red/white/black. Picked her up 2 days ago,2nd hand with 3000km on the clock,spotless,scratchless and crashless. All I can say is :crazy:WOW!!!:censored: what a bike.

I used to play around on a 50cc:blush: and 125cc when i was in school. Did quite a bit of riding on a Yamaha XT550 and a Kawasaki KLR650 during that time as well. But none of them can compare with this beast. Maybe its cause I haven`t been on a bike in 6 years, but half throttle in any gear on the husky feels like the XT on full throttle in the same gear. The fact that the husky is much lighter than the xt or klr might have alot to do with it, but she has way more power than anything I`ve ever experienced. With the xt and klr i could just crank it in any gear and the front wheel would sit solid on the ground. I`ve not had the courage to crank the Husky in the first 3 gears yet, cause i know what will happen. I`m just taking it slow getting back into the feel of things.

I did notice she gulps down more petrol in a hour than i do water in a day...and i drink alota water.

Ive made a booking for a motorbike riding course in the first weekend of March with a one on one teacher, learn proper cornering techniques and all of that jazz. Riding this bike after not riding for so long made me realise that professional training would make it a more enjoyable safer experience. Not just to save my own skin, but also to save my baby`s skin(she`s just so beautifull and falling off her would hurt me alot...even if i`m not injured...).

Anyway...I dont have any questions. Just wanted to share my joy and amazement.

Cheers and Happy Riding

WL

I had a ride on the 07 model and it was a blast, I am sure yours will give you heaps of pleasure. Enjoy.........:censored:

Welcome to Husky,congrats on the new bike :ride::censored: , now get out there & ride that beast, you may have to add a X2 to your nickname though

Welcome. Your in good hands here, lots-o-info. 2x the power of your old bikes and half the weight, it's going to be fun. And good on you for choosing to go to a road race school, that will be money well spent I'm sure. :censored: And just remember when your on the street ride like your invisible and everyone is trying to run you over.

Welcome. I've owned 2 KLR650s in the past (I'm a bike addict) and you're right. There is no comparison!! Enjoy!!:censored: