Tm 300en

Hi Folks,

I have just bought myself an 06 TM 300En (Sydney, Australia).

Does anyone have any setup tips or important bits of knowledge I should be aware of ?

:censored:

Congrats, your going to love it. I've got an 05 300En. Does yours have the Ohlins front and rear? Mine does have the Ohlins and they were reworked by Pro Valve in So Cal and they are awsome. Slide the fork legs up in the triple clamps and the bike will turn better than it already does. [approx 3mm] These bikes are very sensitive to jetting. If you are a little off it is really noticable and if you are way off it makes them almost unridable. My 300 had a Pro Circuit pipe on when I purchased it. I really dont know but I have been told that this mod really mellows the hit of the power band. Mine is definitly luggable in a taller gear with the proper clutch and throttle work. These bikes are absolute rockets and with the suspension dialed in there is not a better off road weapon out there. The TM's will bury any KTM in straight line speed. Make no mistake about it, these bikes are engineered to be ridden HARD!:ride:

Congrates on the purchase.

Now not sure if its brand new or second had but just incase its brand new.

Make sure you check the engine mount bolts all the time for the first

500-1000klm.

The powder coating on the frame cracks where the nuts are and before you know it they are sitting loose.

Jetting - Have a read on dirtbike word. but most here in aus end up running a

40-42 pilot

168-175 main

NOZH/NOZE/JD jetting needle.

Look in the exotic section on dirtbike world, there is a list of all the different parts that can be used from other bikes..

my forks were up through the clamps a fair way when I first got mine, it turned on a dime but had an awfull amount of headshake. so only go small amounts.

Since they only run a single ring piston, you need to change them more often

20-25 hours for the rings

40-50 hours for the piston.

also dont buy a genuine piston kit unless you want to get bent over and :ride:?

Have fun. awsome bikes :censored:

We have a few 2003 300XC models and 1 2005 300E lurking around. FAST.

The KTM 300 is a trail bike compared to the TM300 that is a true race bike. the TM cam be tweeked with Jetting, we used a JDJetting kit here in the states from the 2000-2005 KTM 2 stroke 250-300. It allowed it to be a tractor and rev out faster than a factory prepped 2 stroke 250. Our KTM300 would tire a rider from wrenching his arms all day in the woods, the TM was alot smoother for some reason.

We learned to pop the motor and swingarm/suspension off the new bikes and grind/sand the powercoat off then reassemble with lock tighted bolts and all is good to go for hours and hours. If you let motor loose you will crack the frame. If you let the suspension come loose you will bend the attachment bolts. Other than that what a great machine.

Bodyman,

I wish to hell that the dealer here did the same thing pre delivery, all I was told was to check the engine mount nuts every few hundred klm's as well as the spokes.

I learned the hard way and my engine mount bolts and nuts came out and the subframe cracked... ( I had checked them for the first few rides then it had another service at 300 klm and they should have been checked by them, and by 450 klm had loosened and missing, ow they had locktight on them apparently:bonk: :censored:

13/50 or 49 or 13/51 for the tight stuff. Bike would still pull a 3rd gear start with a 160lb rider... top speed is good with the 13/50 and 1st gear is still a bit low but can get you out of trouble on a hill. 2nd and 3rd spacing is still good with the 13/50. 13/49 and 14/50 found us using the clutch alot in the woods trails..

One rider had gone to a 14/50. Top speed was way over 100mph as clocked by a local lawman (brother in law). The 14 front is hard to find for some and you have to notch the swing arm with a grinder..

Hi Folks,

I have just bought myself an 06 TM 300En (Sydney, Australia).

Does anyone have any setup tips or important bits of knowledge I should be aware of ?

sorry guy ... i have no tips for you as i ride a honda but ...... how about some pics man. geez dont tease a fella with a new bike and not have pics. :censored::ride:

I'm guessing a 13/46 would be similar to 14/50? only realy need a top speed of 120-130 k's I just want to be able to sit on 90-100 klm/h without it reving its tits off.

Will give the 13/50 try

13/50 or 49 or 13/51 for the tight stuff. Bike would still pull a 3rd gear start with a 160lb rider... top speed is good with the 13/50 and 1st gear is still a bit low but can get you out of trouble on a hill. 2nd and 3rd spacing is still good with the 13/50. 13/49 and 14/50 found us using the clutch alot in the woods trails..

One rider had gone to a 14/50. Top speed was way over 100mph as clocked by a local lawman (brother in law). The 14 front is hard to find for some and you have to notch the swing arm with a grinder..