Sign in to follow this  

Used Thumpstar or New Coolster

Well, I was planning on picking up a Coolster 214f for about $700 in the crate, but the opportunity has come up for me to pick up a slightly used 2005 Thumpstar 120 that comes with an extra set of wheels for about the same $$$.

Suggestions, anyone?!?

Also, the thump has 10/12 wheels as where the coolster has 12/14...

I beleive theres a post from a week or so ago talking about those 214's, might wanna do a search and read up on em

where can you get it for that price?

The Coolster is from a local guy here in Austin...He is starting a business selling these out of his house.

The Thumpstar is used and being sold by an individual locally.

I have read up on both of these, and they both seem to have their little quirks, but nothing too terribly major from what I can tell.

I went and putted around on the Coolster last night and it seemed...OK..

I wasn't too terribly impressed, but for the money it'd be an alright deal...I'll see the Thumpstar on Sunday & go from there.

Would like some input from owners of either one of these and especially from anyone who has had experience with both!!!

Personally, I think you'd be better off with an SSR for that amount of money. Parts are readily available, and it'd be new so you'd have some support if there was something wrong with it when it showed up. Hit up Nate at Outlaw. He'll take good care of you.

www.outlawpowersports.com

THUMPSTAR! You will be able to find more parts and info on them then the coolster. And big upgrades are there if you need them too. http://www.omicronmotors.com/our_bikes.html

they race around the country and have a FACTORY SUPPORT team...in which there top 2 riders are VERY fast

they have a real address and real owners to talk too instead of just a guy out of his garage.....