Sign in to follow this  

Pitster vs. CRF, KLX...????

We hear all this stuff about Pitster. Some positive, some negative. The reviews are mixed....What is the real deal? Are we better off getting the decent quality Chinese bike at a low cost or should we put the bigger money into our CRF's and KLX's and have known quality from Japanese manufacturers and killer aftmkt suppliers? Anybody have any input?:censored:

Yes, they are an excellent value for the dollar. The argument of modified OEM's vs. ready-to-ride Chinese bikes will go on forever but the reality is that Pitster makes the best of all of the non-"Big Four" minis and rock right out of the box. If you've got the time, money and ability to build up a Japanese bike please do so and have fun. For others who just want to ride (jeez, didn't I hear that in a commercial?) don't be afraid to buy the Pitster. I financed the purchase of a '06 Pitster 125X for a rider I was trying to sponsor and he couldn't kill it, despite his best efforts. The quality impressed me and in just over a year they've improved their bikes greatly. What has Honda and Kawasaki done to their bikes? Bold new graphics!!!

Pitster has stood behind their bikes as well, giving away a lot of wheels and shocks to folks who otherwise neglected and/or abused them with no questions asked. Try to get Honda or Kawasaki to warranty a broken shock or smashed wheel and see what kind of results you get...

The other disapponting thing I've learned is that the aftermarket parts suppliers, even those who are supposed to be among the best, turn out some products of questionable engineering practices. While they too have stood behind their parts for the money paid you would have expected them to be perfect!!!

Bottom line--if you want to build a bike have at it. It absolutely won't be cheap and will likely prove to be frustrating at some point. On the other hand if you just want to ride buy the Pitster and have fun. Be sure to give it the care and maintenance it requires and you won't be disappointed.:censored:

I sort of echo what Woodsrat said. There are two ways of looking at it. Some people will never be persuaded to buy a Pitster simply because it comes from China and they are "anti-knockoffs". This seems unfortunate, however, since Pitster seems to be gaining a strong reputation with the bikes it has been turning out as well as its customer service. For other folks, a big part of owning a mini or pit bike involves the thrill and excitement of taking a stock bike and building/modding it to one's own custom needs.

Take me for example. I am currently in the market for a mini-bike. On the one hand, it is a very attractive option for me to just plunk down some money and buy a Pitster and know that I have a decent quality ride right out of the box while also getting a good value without having to do much modding or wrenching. On the other hand, I also like the idea of taking a stock XR/CRF 50 and modding it part by part over time to suit my own needs. I realize this will require more time and money in the long run but I'm okay with that.

At this point, I'm really undecided, but I won't write off Pitster simply because they are a China bike. My $.02

I have a xr50 and now the only stock part is the frame and key. New swing arm new rear shock new front forks bars seat pegs tires rims lights ect...... I could have bought a pitster or 3 and been done a long time ago and had money to lay down on kick ass gear boots helment pants.......I have 4 honda bikes and was all anti knockoff all the way but I dont know if I had it to do all over I would look hard at pitster.All the parts i added arnt Honda any way.

If your an adult or older kid go with the Pitster its ready to go,the Honda and Kawasaki are going to need aftermarket add on's to make them adult ready...