Sign in to follow this  

Link to changing fork oil on a 450x?

If I recall correctly, all that information is in the owner's manual.

I have both the service manual and the owner's manual, so sometimes I forget which one has what. The Honda service manual is something every home mechanic should have.

Use the manual or use the manual in conjunction with the info from the link above. Why? Because the link above only addresses changing oil in the outer tubes, and does not mention changing the oil in the fork damper. I'm no suspension expert, but while you have the forks apart to change the oil in the outer tubes, it makes sense to change the damper oil also. The manual has the procedure for changing it.

Use the manual or use the manual in conjunction with the info from the link above. Why? Because the link above only addresses changing oil in the outer tubes, and does not mention changing the oil in the fork damper. I'm no suspension expert, but while you have the forks apart to change the oil in the outer tubes, it makes sense to change the damper oil also. The manual has the procedure for changing it.

Agreed. Since you're in there, take care of the inner chamber. I know he is working on the rest of the write up though. I think this was just a start.