I need advise on selling bike

I received the offer by email, but I am a little weary of his terms of the transaction. Does this sound like it's on the up-and-up?

Hello

thanks for the mail. i will like you to know that am ok with the price of $4100 and as i have said earlier that the payment is going to be inform of cheque from US bank and the total amount on the cheque will be $9000 which you will deduct your's and send the remaining funds to my shipping company who will handle the pick-up the to my location so if that is ok by you i will like you to email me with this information as follows

YOUR FULL NAME........

ADDRESS........

STATE..........

ZIPCODE.......

PHONE NUMBER.......

so i will be expecting your mail with this information

thanks

scott papy

Bigtime scam.

Sell locally to people you can meet face to face, and accept only cash.

And get the buyer to sign a receipt that states the price and indicates that it is SOLD AS IS, NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES> That will prevent the buyer from filing a claim later which alleges that you made false representations about the bike.

here is the deal on this. An out of country check takes a month to clear. YOu think he paid you 9k and you are super happy and send you bike out, The bank gives you the 9k, a month later the check bounces and they bank comes after YOU for the money back. Now you are out 9k and a bike! that is how they scam you!

I received the offer by email, but I am a little weary of his terms of the transaction. Does this sound like it's on the up-and-up?

Hello

thanks for the mail. i will like you to know that am ok with the price of $4100 and as i have said earlier that the payment is going to be inform of cheque from US bank and the total amount on the cheque will be $9000 which you will deduct your's and send the remaining funds to my shipping company who will handle the pick-up the to my location so if that is ok by you i will like you to email me with this information as follows

YOUR FULL NAME........

ADDRESS........

STATE..........

ZIPCODE.......

PHONE NUMBER.......

so i will be expecting your mail with this information

thanks

scott papy

Were you voted “most gullible” in high school?

I had a friend get the same offer on an old truck he was selling. He (being an idiot) sold it thinking it was a sweet deal...He ended up loosing the truck and the extra money he sent back to the buyer. The check took over a month to finally bounce and the bank came asking for the total amount.

DON'T DO IT...YOU'LL REGRET IT FOR SURE.:censored: