Sign in to follow this  

Anyone buy a Michelin s12 lately?

I've been hearing really bad things about the new s12, no longer made in Spain but in Thailand. I've heard and read a few guys saying that these new s12's wear real fast and chunk quicker and worse than the older made in Spain s12's.

Anybody know or have a Thailand s12?

Yes I bought a back tire about 2 months ago only lasted about 4 or 5 good

rides all trails, could not believe how quickly they wore out. They do run

on the smaller side compared to the japanese counter part. I ride a 07

yz 250 2t and couldn't understand how fast it took to wear out (S12).

I used to run the S12 on my wr450 and lasted forever. I was not aware

michelin change locations for there tires! O'well now trying out bridgestone

M402s seems fine right now.

run a 952 and forget about tire wear

952's suck compared to s-12's. Only Dunlop that is worth a crap is the 756 and it wears way to fast.

i am not the kind of guy who really notice's a different tire----all i know is the 952 wears better than any other tire i have had----i had a maxxis it that lasted a while too----i dont think the s12 michelin will beat out the 952 although i have not tried it......and prolly won't----952 don't suck in the mud

i am not the kind of guy who really notice's a different tire----all i know is the 952 wears better than any other tire i have had----i had a maxxis it that lasted a while too----i dont think the s12 michelin will beat out the 952 although i have not tried it......and prolly won't----952 don't suck in the mud

If anything the 952 sucks worse in the mud. You have to try the s-12, I was running the 952 and thought it was good until I tried the s-12. I think the s-12 is holding up better then my 952's did also. I also ran maxxis it they are not good on anything but hard packed and rocks. They wore really good but that's about it. :censored:

i have a s-12 on the front of mine and i like it i also like the 756 that i had on the front to. i only have about 3hrs on the s-12 still looks good to me glad i bought it

Dunlops are the only way to go. If your gonna race mx and actually try and do something a good tire is KEY. Save your money you were gonna put on a new pipe or graphics and buy a few sets of good Dunlop's.

a set of 756s costs about 2/3 or less of what a set of michelin anythings cost and they are just as good. they dont last that long but at 100 bucks a set who cares? if you are doing trails and want to get a ton of miles out of your tires then you dont the best hookup tire anyhow.

a set of 756s costs about 2/3 or less of what a set of michelin anythings cost and they are just as good. they dont last that long but at 100 bucks a set who cares? if you are doing trails and want to get a ton of miles out of your tires then you dont the best hookup tire anyhow.

I get Michelins for around 52 bucks a tire.

where????for a front maybe-------

Nope front or back $ 52. I get them at a local ktm dealer.

sweet...the 756s are 100 bones shipped to my door. for anybody. www.ridenow.com

i have found the s-12 in the 140/80-18 size to work well but their 19 inch rear is too narrow for my liking so its 756s for the mx bike.