Sign in to follow this  

Another JD question!

I haven't put the JD kit in yet and I have a desert race on Sunday.

Is the JD kit a slam dunk as far as tuning? IOW, is it stupid to put it in tomorrow night and not be able to test ride it until the race? Should I just play it safe and ride with the stock setup (little lean but proven) and install the JD after the race?

Opinions..?

The JD kit is easy to install and the guide will get you close. You will need some fine tuning with the fuel screw. If you have an aftermarket fuel screw this can be accomplished in a fairly short amount of time.

The whole process, install and adjustment, shouldn't take more than 2 hours with a beer break.

Yeah, I already have an MSR fuel screw and I'm changing tanks so I might as well do it at the same time.

Thanks.

• Like 1

I put mine in and took it to ride today. It was dead on and ran awesome. The best $65.00 I ever spent on a bike :censored:

I say just slam it in and ride it you will not need much tuning just follow the instructions and you will have a smile ear to ear.

it will be way better then the stock setup. I would do it for sure

to avoid stalling,bogg,running hot and lean in a race is not good

• Like 1

I haven't put the JD kit in yet and I have a desert race on Sunday.

Is the JD kit a slam dunk as far as tuning? IOW, is it stupid to put it in tomorrow night and not be able to test ride it until the race? Should I just play it safe and ride with the stock setup (little lean but proven) and install the JD after the race?

Opinions..?

So how'd it work out??

I would have hoped you jetted, tested, and then raced. Or raced with stock jetting and just not pushed the bike. It all depends on how you ride, or how you race. Some racers I see... could run a stock bike and still be okay (as they are beginners and slow). Then, an expert wide open... is putting the entire bike through misery. It just all depends, but either way I hope it worked out for you.

:applause: