Sign in to follow this  

Carb differences

been lurking for a few months but this is my 1st post so go easy on me plz, just wondering what is the differnce between a fcr carb off lets say a 2002 e model and the fcr mx that tt sell? BTW got outbid on an e model carb on ebay uk today:cry: 2006 Drz sm thanks to suzuki uk 0% finance:thumbsup: love this forum and i check it about 5 times a day.

One of the differences is you can access both the pilot and main jet on the FCR-MX by removing the float bowl plug. On the regular FCR you can only access the main jet from the float bowl plug, and have to remove the carb to get to the pilot jet.

not to worried about access to the jets but is there a power advantage from the 39mm mx?

Cheers headster I'm living in Swansea m8 and am aware of the UK members thread(chat room) I know the fcr mx gives you more power just need to know if it gives more power than the standard fcr off the E model:confused:

I doubt it very much. There are plenty here who run the old style FCR with no problems of power!

But if u can afford new, then why not buy new? :censored:

I doubt it very much. There are plenty here who run the old style FCR with no problems of power!

But if u can afford new, then why not buy new? :censored:

can't see the point in buying new as i know how to strip and re-build a carb and there isn't that much to go wrong, might look at importing one from the US if i can get a false value put on the box so those theiving bstard customs don't shaft me:foul: plus i would rather put the money saved in the piggy bank for a full yosh:goofy:

You'll be fine and happy with the old style FCR39. I bought one new and it's great.

The FCR-MX, from what I've read, has an updated design. But no one says you get better performance from it -- unless you are tuning it for every last extra fraction of HP.

thanks for the replys guys:cheers:

So have you made up your mind yet?

So have you made up your mind yet?

i'm going for a second hand fcr off an E model Mr F

i'm going for a second hand fcr off an E model Mr F

Good effort you gonna get one from USA?