Sign in to follow this  

gonna switch

im gonna switch from my 150 to an 85 so what is the main thing i need to learn about 2 strokes? beside always being on the pipe.

The 85's are difficult for a full sized person to ride. I expect your full size as you said you sometimes ride a 250f.

The little bikes have no torque. They make a ton of power, but have to be spinning a lot of rpm's to do so.

Unless your racing in an age specific class, there is no reason for an 85. I know some folks are too small to ride much else and I understand this. However, if you can possibly fit a 125 you'll be much happier. So will your wallet. An 85 that is ridden hard requires a lot of maintenance. I promise if you try to keep 85's running you will end up knowing the Wiseco reps first name. I went through it myself. I was never happier to see two kids grow up as it was 125 time. By the way, the Wiseco persons name is Ed.

i ride the dezert octillo and elsinore moto x track. im too small for a 125 and on the bigger side of the spectrum for being the right size.