Sign in to follow this  

Race Fee's IN Your Area????????

Anyone else have issues with thier local motocross club? In Colorado, seems each year the costs go up, but nothing new is ever done to improve the tracks. $12.00 per person gate fee, $20.00 per rider for Sat. practice, then $30.00 per class. Interested how your area cost compared to these?

I just got into racing so kind of forget the fee's.

Practice is 15-20 bucks depending where you go.

Gate fee is I think 10 bucks or more.

$20 per race class I believe.

$3.25 for bagel/water at Tim Horton's @ 5 in the AM.

I think MX racers complain about cost too much. I road race and spend $220+/weekend of racing and practice.

It could easily add up to 200 bucks a weekend.

I think MX racers complain about cost too much. I road race and spend $220+/weekend of racing and practice.

We spend at least that amount. How many weekends racing and practices do you guys have ? We have 39 races a year in d-11, not including outlaw races. All my races are 2+ hours away so yeah I think I can complain more then you road racers. :censored: That's not including weekly gas for practice.

We spend at least that amount. How many weekends racing and practices do you guys have ? We have 39 races a year in d-11, not including outlaw races. All my races are 2+ hours away so yeah I think I can complain more then you road racers. :censored: That's not including weekly gas for practice.

You are getting closer. I use one set of $365 Dunlops/race day. I also burn through several more sets for practices and track days. $65 race fuel per day. $15-20k bike cost. I am not saying MX is cheap. But at the less than pro level it is still alot cheaper than road racing. That is a big part of why I came back to mx. Track days alone for road racing are $165-$200+ and that is necessary time, because race practice is not nearly enough. No $25 practice on road bikes.

You are getting closer. I use one set of $365 Dunlops/race day. I also burn through several more sets for practices and track days. $65 race fuel per day. $15-20k bike cost. I am not saying MX is cheap. But at the less than pro level it is still alot cheaper than road racing. That is a big part of why I came back to mx. Track days alone for road racing are $165-$200+ and that is necessary time, because race practice is not nearly enough. No $25 practice on road bikes.

Only thing you got on is tires. But do you race year around ?

You are getting closer. I use one set of $365 Dunlops/race day.

Ahh you beat me to it. I was going to say the exact same thing. I am not a racer but I do ride track only. I usually get 3 days on my Supercorsa's.

Also, it takes me 7 hours to get to my favorite track.

Only thing you got on is tires. But do you race year around ?

The deal breaker may be that we do not race year round. But even then I think you are really reaching to say MX is comparable. My bike makes 171hp at the wheel. That thing is a tire/brake/chain eating machine. You should price a set of Vesrah SRJL front pads for a 2005 GSXR 1000 and tell me how many sets of mx pads you can buy for ONE set of my pads. We have not even talked about crash parts yet. You/I can cartwheel our dirtbikes often with ZERO parts broken. My Gixxer lowsides and I might do $2k+ in damage.