Sign in to follow this  

Monday Riding- 2/19 President's day NoRCAl style

so heck I'm at GT saturday, Moonrocks sunday.......will anyone still be at Stony come Monday or wanna ride..........? or we could go to Chaulk taw bluff? on Monday? hmmmm I may be too tired by then

shoulda just gone to Clear Creek all weekend, but I got no RV for the GF

Maybe?? if the bike doesn't blow up tomorrow..:lol:

It will be local if I ride, no three hour drive. :censored: 9000 more to go :ride:

so heck I'm at GT saturday, Moonrocks sunday.......will anyone still be at Stony come Monday or wanna ride..........? or we could go to Chaulk taw bluff? on Monday? hmmmm I may be too tired by then

shoulda just gone to Clear Creek all weekend, but I got no RV for the GF

Now that you mention CC, how do ya get there? Racing the piglet on the 10th.

Hey BigBob,

Can't ride on Sunday. Just bought a big ol' Yamaha Royal Star Venture to haul the wifey around on. I will be up for a ride on Monday, though! :censored: I would prefer a local ride like GT or Elkins/Gold Note. :ride:

yes PM rain this evening, FH will be a slippery mess anyways, snow must be at elkins, I'd say GT the east side is the call. Mace mills at 8:30 am.

I blew off Moonrocks, conditions would have been great but the Sunday skier traffic comin home had me bugged.

:ride::lol::censored:

That's a great Clear Creek direction link. A word to the wise though. Never try the New Idria road if it is raining. Not even if you have a 4x4, posi's and chains.

There are clay sections that nothing will grip on. If you start sliding towards the edge, you better have practiced your rapid vehicle escape plan. I know this from personal experience !

Good Luck !

Be Safe !

STS

:censored: I don't think that there is much snow at Elkins,probably just on the higher Eastern parts and things have been warm and rainy enough to make that soft.I haven't been out to see but here in town the icy,crusty stuf is long gone for now and overnight temps have been up for 3 or 4 nights.I may work on my house this afternoon and ride Monday if I get clearance.Had a light shower earlier and now is just cloudy and threatening,no dust!:ride:

a couple of neighbors are coming too. so 830 am at mace mills is it. gonna be Gooooood