Sign in to follow this  

AIR VALVE thingy wot does it do

trying not to be to thick just new to this bike here goes wot is the black box that goes on left side in front of engine there is a pipe goes in to top of head and pipe goes to carb sm model AIR VALVE thing i think wot does it do and going to put a fcr e model carb on were does the pipe go thanks

its a "PAIR" Valve.

Its vacuum control (the pipe going from the carb) and it puts addition air into the exhaust for emissions.

With high temp sealer and an Ally plate you can block the hole in the Head.

If installing the FCR, you wont need the vacuum hose, so you can unbolt the whole system and simply pull it out.

I got worried when i took mine out, as it goes under the engine, Just pull. It'll come out!

Then your sorted!:censored:

ok so all i have to do is unbolt it and block the hole did you make the plate or can you buy one will it make it run better or just the same thanks for the help its nice to get some info before i pulled it off:thumbsup:

another TT member made it for me, but its not difficult to do. He cut it by hand. then 2 holes and your set.

If your putting in the fcr you can just unbolt and and plug the head.

If your keeping the Mikuni, then you need to plug the nipple on the carb!

It wont make much difference, just reduce popping on decel!:censored:

ok so all i have to do is unbolt it and block the hole did you make the plate or can you buy one will it make it run better or just the same thanks for the help its nice to get some info before i pulled it off:thumbsup:

I can make you a plate for free if you like :censored:.

thanks for the offer think i should manage ok a photo would be nice would give me some ideas and gives me something to do as waiting for the posty to bring my fcr its of a e model so hope it all goes well still looking at jetting info but its started to fry my brain there is a lot of info on here

Easiest way to make the blanking plate, is to remove the PAIR and use the flange as a template. :censored:

Here's what you need.

As you can see, the PAIR valve is gone, and the mounts are left.

Engine.jpg PAIRValve1.jpg PAIRValve.jpg

This is where the PAIR Valve runs too, and where you need to block.

PAIRValve2.jpg PAIRValve1.jpg

Just simply pull this part out from under the engine.

PAIRValve6.jpg

And here is what your making a plate for.

PAIRValve7.jpg

:ride::censored:

p.s. Sorry about photo sizing, my photobucket is playing up!

Tut Tut Headster - dirty bike parts in the house :censored:

haha, i've only actualy had the bike in the house once, but most of the parts have been in here! heehee :ride:

my bike lives in my front room!!

I like to be as close to my SM as possible at all times, but petrol indoors scares me :censored: