Sign in to follow this  

07 Motor & Tranny Oil

I just bought an 07 CRF450R rode it a couple of times 4 breakin. When I went to change oil the manual and the dealership both said same oil in both(SAE10W30 without moly).A friend just bought an 06CRF450R and it takes two different oils. My 05CRF250R takes the same oil in both. Then I read in a magazine that the 07CRF450R takes different oil in motor&tranny. I need to know so I can change it with the right stuff before I ride it again?

I just bought an 07 and I will use the same oil I use in my son's 06 (Rotella synthetic for the engine, after break-in, and regular Rotella on the tranny side. Opinions will differ, but I don't think there is a need for a different type of oil for 07's. Just change it often. That 3/4 of a quart takes a beating in a short period of time. I change oil after every ride (which is usually 2-4 hours). On my 07 I changed oil on the engine side after the dealer allowed it to idle for 2 minutes. You wouldn't believe how dirty it appeared. Oh yeah, prepare to get flamed. They hate oil questions in this forum. We beat that horse to death in the months, years past.

Rotella T both sides! You can buy a case of the stuff for 50 bucks at sams club.