Sign in to follow this  

YZ400 axle, any others the same?

I really need an axle for my 79 YZ400 forks and am having some difficulty locating one, I was curious what other bikes might use the same one, 250? Or if any one wants to sell one I would love to buy it, thanks a lot!

Think I'm going to have a spare '79 YZ400 axle here in about a week. If you haven't found one by then, let me know.

Sweet! thanks a lot, I will definitely take it! and thanks a lot for the cross referance.

hey hopewheels how you like yor SV?

I dig my SV. It's a blast to ride, especially after getting the suspension sorted.

What did you do to your susp.? Im ordering the cartridge emulators for mine, everybody says its makes a huge difference. Suspension is my specialty so it seems fitting I get the horrible legs on the SV fixed.

Penske 2-way for the rear, and Race Tech cartridge emulators + heavier springs, and heavier fork oil. Can't remember the fork spring rate (but I'm 210lbs on a good day in gear :censored:, so it was one of their heavier rated springs and 20wt oil). The thing really bounced around prior to this. Added some Metzler M-1's and the whole setup was a world of difference. A lot of great info here http://www.socalsvriders.org/ . It's mainly SoCal people, but there are folks from all over. I find the tech area easier to find stuff than svrider.

Happy with the M-1's? Ive got 6300 miles on mine now and the POS rear Dunny is shot. When I first changed the fork oil awhile back , the levels in each tube werent the same so its no wonder Suzuki cheaped out on that spectrum, rest of the bike is great.

Of Course I want the new Pilot Power dual compounds but they are crazy exspensive, thats funny becuase my next choice is the Diablos, price is right and ive heard good things.