New Tires!!!!!

I just dropped off my bike at the dealership to install new, more aggressive tires. They are putting Teraflex 150/90-18_MC105's on the back and Pirelli MT 18 80/100-21 Heavy Duty on the front. I hope this combo is as good as some have suggested.

I pick up the bike tomorrow, and have a 10 mile ride on I-35 to get home +/- 70 mph to stay with traffic.

Anyone running this combo and can tell me how rough the ride on the road is?

Thanks,

Bill

I have a teraflex on the rear of mine I only had the chance to ride on it once before the weather turned too cold and snowy. Make sure you lower the pressure on the t-flex to around 8 lbs. You should notice a small loss of power on bottom end but you’re going to gain a couple MPH on top end so your 10 mile ride should be no problem. I would suggest you take corners on the road a little slower until you get use to the t-flex. Good luck and let us know how this combo works for you.

THat is what i ran on my bike last year. It is a great combo! the T-flex is awesome on the street and in the dirt. the mt-21 also performed well. I got about 5000 miles on the T-flex with about 90% street and there was still a little bit left on it when i took it off the road on Christmas eve day. The MT-21 was totally spent with the threads showing on every other knob!!! T-flex is a bear to put on and take off though! :censored:

I just dropped off my bike at the dealership to install new, more aggressive tires. They are putting Teraflex 150/90-18_MC105's on the back and Pirelli MT 18 80/100-21 Heavy Duty on the front. I hope this combo is as good as some have suggested.

I pick up the bike tomorrow, and have a 10 mile ride on I-35 to get home +/- 70 mph to stay with traffic.

Anyone running this combo and can tell me how rough the ride on the road is?

Thanks,

Bill

Be careful on the ride home. I have the same tire on the rear and it's slick for the 1st 100 miles or so on the road. The ride is a little bumpy at less than 5mph. Once you get going it's not really noticable.

Be careful on the ride home. I have the same tire on the rear and it's slick for the 1st 100 miles or so on the road. The ride is a little bumpy at less than 5mph. Once you get going it's not really noticable.

I'm running that combo, and it works great. Never ran the deathwings, but they were probably smoother. The T-flex isn't bad at all though.

I read about the slickness of the new tire when I put my 1st one on(2nd now), so I scrubbed it real good w/409. It never slipped on the street. Someone said there's spun thru all gears.

If it's a problem, give 'er a scrubbin':thumbsup:

Don't know what gearing you're running, 14/47 helps alot in the dirt.

I can still run 70mph with no problem

That is the exact set-up I have on by bike now. I just put the teraflex on last weekend and it was not to bad, but we got a leak in the first tube and had to replace it. I'm still getting used to the big tire. Like they say it does take away some on the bottom end, but I love the traction this tire has. It has been cold and a bit swampy around here, but the couple times I have taken the bike out I felt very comfortable plowing through the mudholes on our trails. I think the teraflex is a great tire, but I will say by the time this thing wears out I will most likely want to go back to something lighter and shorter. Gaining the extra inch does suck, but overall I think you will like the set-up.