Does anyone know this NJ guy...

I'm in the process of trying to check out a 2003 yz250f for sale somewhere in north jersey by a guy named Vinny (vinnyb78 on here) who is the parts manager at Hanover Powersports in Whippany. We've been emailing back and forth (he left no phone # in his ad) and so far hes been pretty vague with info on the bikes history and where he and the bike are located. He also 'cannot find the title' and just recently raised the asking price in his ad by $400 because of an anonymous bid he received. The situation is starting to sound pretty sketchy to me so I figured I'd see if anyone here knew him or anything about the bike hes selling.

I know him personally and hes a really great guy. I bought a bike from him and he gave me the number of his mechanic incase i had any problems with my bike. I dont not, however, know the condition of the bike you are buying. I think it was actually his sons bike and his son raced. Vinny is a great guy though and im sure he will give you more info about the bike.

I'm in the process of trying to check out a 2003 yz250f for sale somewhere in north jersey by a guy named Vinny (vinnyb78 on here) who is the parts manager at Hanover Powersports in Whippany. We've been emailing back and forth (he left no phone # in his ad) and so far hes been pretty vague with info on the bikes history and where he and the bike are located. He also 'cannot find the title' and just recently raised the asking price in his ad by $400 because of an anonymous bid he received. The situation is starting to sound pretty sketchy to me so I figured I'd see if anyone here knew him or anything about the bike hes selling.

Vinny owns hanover honda....i don't think he would be emailing anyone about a used dirt bike....

you can call the store..and see if they have any used bikes for sale...

http://www.ehhondayamaha.com/contactus.html

The guy I was emailing specifically told me he was the parts manager at Hanover Powersports-maybe its his son?...its not so much title thats throwing me off with this whole thing, its the fact that he was so vague about this anonymous bid he received on the bike on top of the fact that he wont tell me where he lives or give me his phone # - I've been telling him for a week I want to come check the bike out but he hasnt made an attempt to set anything up. Granted, email isnt the best way to assess a persons motives but it still seems strange to me

I was never even told where the bike is located, let alone given the chance to buy the bike. I tried multiple times to set up a time to see the bike, to no avail. Vinny then told me via email that he had received a bid on the bike and asked if I wanted to match the bid-I told him I would need to see the bike in person before any decisions were made and havent heard back since. To me, that is not straight shooting.