Sign in to follow this  

No title?

I am looking at a 1993 CR250. I live in tennessee. I asked the guy who is selling if he had the title and he said dirtbikes have no titles. I had a title for my old bike? I know that kentucky doesnt require titles. Tennessee does however. What are you all's thoughts?

I am looking at a 1993 CR250. I live in tennessee. I asked the guy who is selling if he had the title and he said dirtbikes have no titles. I had a title for my old bike? I know that kentucky doesnt require titles. Tennessee does however. What are you all's thoughts?

I believe titles are required as of 2000. So any bike before that did not come with a title. At least in Ohio. :censored:

I bought a 1987 KX250 off a buddy 2 years ago, and I just had a written bill of sale saying soso sold a KX250 Serial #29549249 to me, I had it notarized. I then went to a dealer for them to verify the serial number, then went and got a title for it.

It varies from state to state. Contact your state DMV (or check their website) and find out the exact process for getting a title in your state.

if u have no title wright up a bill of sale look on the web to see how to wright a lejit bill of sale you sign it the other person signs it and a witness signs it bill of sale are prety much titles