Piercings and Riding...

Well theres a tat thread...and they don't cause any pain while riding...BUT piercings could.

I have 3 piercings in my left ear and 2 in my right, plus my belly button pierced for the second time (got infected and wasn't pierced deep enough last time). Also had my nose pierced but because of my job had to take it out....darn bank...LOL!

As far as my ears go, if I wear studs I'm fine, but hoops really bother me when I'm ridin...plus when I take my helmet off after the ride I always seem to lose one or two. My belly button is fine unless it gets hung in my belt....can't afford MX pants right now. So usually I wear my hoop to ride....Anybody else??

I don't usually ride with any jewerly. I have small hoops that I leave in and they are only sterling silver so if I lose 'em it's no big deal. But since they are so small, I've never had a problem with losing them.

I don't wear my wedding ring either. Don't want to lose it (or the diamonds) and don't want to lose my finger if it gets caught on something.

Hmmm, I have the usual ear piercings, 2 in one, 1 in the other ear. Which I wear while riding. No problems.

I have always thought about a belly ring, but hubby said it didn't turn him on.

So, why do it, if he doesn't like it? Also, I figured after 3 kids, whom am I kiddin'? No need to do crazy stuff like that and pretend to be a young cool chick.

I always take out my earings, my belly button ring has only come out when I had surgery. captbly99 I was thirty five and the mother of four when I got my done. I don't show it off, so unless I tell them they don't even know its there. I thinks its sexy!! My engagement ring comes off because I don't want to lose it, don't want to lose a finger, and the gloves press it into my hand and it hurts.

• Like 1

I'm not to big on jewerly, so normally I don't wear nothing no where. But I do have my navel pierced, and normally it's not a problem for me, although a few time's I did put tape over it just to be on the safe side but like I said I've never have had any problems with it. My sister also has her eyebrow peirced (uses barbell's normally), and it doesn't bother her unless she has a hoop where it catches.

I don't usually ride with any jewerly. I have small hoops that I leave in and they are only sterling silver so if I lose 'em it's no big deal. But since they are so small, I've never had a problem with losing them.

I don't wear my wedding ring either. Don't want to lose it (or the diamonds) and don't want to lose my finger if it gets caught on something.

I don't wear my rings riding either....even with gloves on because when I had my wreck at Turkey Bay, even though my arm wasn't broken, my arm and fingers started swelling and bruising Immediately....if my hubby hadn't taken the ring that was on that hand off immediately the woulda had to cut it off....and since then I havn't wore rings ridin!

Hmmm, I have the usual ear piercings, 2 in one, 1 in the other ear. Which I wear while riding. No problems.

I have always thought about a belly ring, but hubby said it didn't turn him on.

So, why do it, if he doesn't like it? Also, I figured after 3 kids, whom am I kiddin'? No need to do crazy stuff like that and pretend to be a young cool chick.

We don't have any kids yet, and I hate to lose my belly ring a second time, so I did some research....and low and behold....they have maternity belly button rings...YAY....they're flemsy plastic so that change shape with your belly and they have no metal in them so you won't have to take it out for tests and scans...WOW....my belly ring is saved...hehe!

I don't wear jewelry when I ride. I had my belly pierced with a hoop but took the F$%$%%^%$ out and let it close up. I will never get a hoop again, just the bar; the hoop caught on everything and a was pain in the ass.

I never really have that much problems with my hoop....but I also have a deep piercing because of scar tissue from the previous not deep enough piercing. the bar is what gives me troubles because the 3/8" bars are just long enough...not too short, but could be a little longer for my piercing...thats the only reason I wear a hoop to ride.