Sign in to follow this  

06 Kxf Or O6 Sxf 250

Hi there. i am new to this site, but need help urgently, as i am going to buy one of these tomorrow. My son has been out of motocross for 13 months now, but was a fairly quick 125 rider. Everyone seems to be going fourstroke now, so i just wondered if the kx would be a better buy than the ktm. Any advice would be really appreciated

All of the Japanese bikes seem to handle better than the KTM, and remember you can go faster with a better suspension and good handling than you can with a fast motor. Also how easily are parts available for either bike. I kept an eye on the KTM this year because I was considering buying an 07 250sxf after riding the 06 250sxf. I loved the motor on that bike and I was hoping that they would give the bike more of a Japanese feel and handling. I didn't get a chance to ride an 07 250sxf but I did ride the 07 RMZ250 and KXF250. I got a little impatient and bought the kxf (and I'm very happy with it) but I would have loved to ride the 250sxf and compared handling. I'm really not crazy about listening to any of the magazine test results, so I would go to your local track and see if you could find somone to let you try their bike 5500 to 6000 dollars is alot of money to spend without trying something out. good luck !

I have a friend with a 06 ktm and he has SO many starting problems, and my kxf always starts eaiser. Also he brakes the hotstart lever off all the time. I would never buy a KTM just because the bike and parts are so overpriced.