Sign in to follow this  

Pro circuit exhaust springs - tension?

I just put opn a really nice used PC Ti4 Low Boy on my 2005 R. I have never had an exhaust that came with springs to hold the canister to the mid pipe. I pu them on but they did not have much tension at all - they were easy to get on. I can imagine needing one of those special spring tools at all. Cant imagine they are really pulling the 2 pieces together at all either. Thoughts?

The springs on the pc ti-4 i just sold were not tight when they were brand new. its tight enough fit where it doesnt need them but i guess its just a safety just in case.

The springs on the pc ti-4 i just sold were not tight when they were brand new. its tight enough fit where it doesnt need them but i guess its just a safety just in case.

Hey 328,

Did you sell that to me - your last name Halperin? I may be talking about your pipe :applause:

Did you sell it to Todd (a_gunslinger) in Cincinnati? That would be funny.

Anyway, I e-mails Pro Circuit, and they said it should have some tension on it - it shouldnt drop on/over that easily....

No that wasnt me you got it from gunslinger. i just sold mine on monday. I couldnt take the springs off by hand. i had to use pliers or something just to get a hold of them. I would be too worried about it unless they almost fall off. The mid pipe and can fit so tight i dont think you will have to worry about it.