Sign in to follow this  

Desert racing a TC250?

Thinking of racing my TC250 on a 40 mile desert loop race that's coming up. What limitations or ideas should I be aware of?

Will it make a 40 mile loop on a tank of gas?

I think George Erl at Uptite Husq in CA raced a 250. You might do good to call his shop or PM him.

Cowboybob's wife Jen races the TE 250 in D-37, BITD and National Hare & Hound. Shes rated # 2 in one of those series. He will know too. Ask him here.:censored:

We are buying a GPHusqvarna.com 06 TC 250 for Score. Picking it up next week for testing with Jerry Jones (BITD Ironman Vet Expert, National Hare & Hound and D-38 Vet Expert) as lead racer.

no problem with the gas tank for a 40 mile loop.work on the suspension for the rocks and make sure you are geared to get up,over or thru anything even if you have to give up some top speed.dan

appreciate all the insight. My struggle at this point is finding at the very least the stock suspension settings. Anyone have these or know where in my little setup manual it shows them? I looked and looked but either they're not there or I'm overlooking something.

The manual that came with my 2006 TE250 addresses clicker settings starting on page 134 for the forks.

TC is listed as -20 fork compression (bottom of fork), -12 rebound (top clicker on fork).

Page 144 - 148 addresses the rear shock.

TC - low speed and high speed dampening -15 +-2 clicks, "extension" (rebound?) -25 +-2 clicks.

At least those are what are listed in my book as stock settings.

Sag should always measured at cold..."warmed up" its always subjective...IMHO.

4" is great for Enduro, Raids,etc....if you do MX/SX is less...in this case, for desert riding, 4" is the "hot ticket".

About the 20 clicks for fork compression...that's also what it says in 07 manual but the interesting thing is that TE is 12 clicks which is harder but MX bikes are the ones that make big jumps...of course that forks may/probably have different valving and so, we can't simply compare number of clicks...anyone nows if both TE and TC forks have same valving ? They sure use same stock springs and use same extension number of clicks...

Thinking of racing my TC250 on a 40 mile desert loop race that's coming up. What limitations or ideas should I be aware of?

stock tank should go 40 mi. my 450 will do a 40 mi loop easy. lets us know how you do or did .

Negative. Didn't get an answer and couldnt find George "Uptite" on the forum.

Cowboybob just posted two of his bikes for sale today. Just PM him. His wife Jen probably has the best experience here for racing the 250 in desert racing.:applause:

60 Miles is cutting it close, 40 No Problem.

Damper is nice but not mandatory, soften the suspension as far as the Clickers will go for starters. 15 PSI with Bridgestone Ultra HD Tubes and Maxxis Tires.

I assume it's been re-jetted already?