Sign in to follow this  

'01 DR-Z 250 Fuel Filter and Service Manual

Is it possible or advisable to put an in-line fuel filter on the 2001 DR-Z 250?

Does Clymer or some other aftermarket service manual manufacturer make a manual for the 250? After looking around a bit it seems like the only thing for the DR-Z 250 is the owner's manual that comes with the bike and the factory service manual through the shops for about $85.

Thanks!

Hi,

I found a used manual but was going to buy a manual from these folks. I haven't seen one but....repairmanual.com/motorcycles/2001/62/4/9083

All the best with your 250DRZ..I like mine! and yes a filter is advisable.

Gary

Thanks for the info. I can't believe I never came across that site for the repair manual. I checked all over the place.

The website states the manual covers 2001-2006 Suzuki DR-Z250K models. Are the bikes pretty similar through all of those years? They didn't make many changes so the one manual applies to all?

chemicalanarchy - Thanks for the info on the filter. I'll do some more research to confirm. There isn't much room in the fuel line from the fuel valve to the carb to add an in-line unit. The bike is running good now but last weekend it would start and idle fine but as soon as I hit the throttle it would die. I assumed I had plugged the jet. While I was waiting to determine if I should tear apart and clean the carb I did a couple other tune up things (oil change, air filter cleaning) and when I started it after those were done it ran great. My guess is coincidence and whatever was clogging the jet either passed or some how came out and is still floating around in the carb.

I'm heading out tomorrow to a local riding area. That should give me a pretty good idea on whether it's still a problem or not.

I do love the bike. I moved to Florida recently and haven't been out on it much. I'm still trying to find the places to ride.

I just recd. my manual from repairmanual.com. It does cover all years 01-06. very few changes in the bikes as it was put together pretty well the first time. (Other than to much weld on exhuast pipe and the sin of choking the air and fuel of that hot little 4 valve.) Mods for this bike that are posted here do help alot!!

Looks like that manual is going to be exactly what I need. It should arrive any day. I've passed around that site to some friends with different bikes but the same problem and they've also found a manual for their bike on that site.

Thanks for the info.

Let the tweaking begin!

Two things are now squared away thanks to Thumpertalk:

1. The manual I received is great. It’s exactly what I was looking for to work on the bike.

2. An in-line filter from the fuel valve to the carb is not necessary since there are filters (On and Reserve) inside the tank on the input side of the fuel valve.

Now all I need to do is find a place to ride in Central Florida that is not freaking SAND. I'm not sure if that exists. Maybe this will be another post.

Out.