Sign in to follow this  

suspension service how much?

I just had my son's done on his YZ125 (it's a 2005). I paid $240 because I brought the whole bike in and they charged for 3 hours of labor. They said it would have been $160 if I would have taken the forks off myself and brought them in. I didn't have the time (or skill) so I had to pay. :censored:

In my opinion I would just learn how to do it yourself, I did it, just follow the service manual and you will be fine, now after my first time, it is as easy as changing the oil or cleaning the airfilter. And alot cheaper, just the cost of oil and if you need any parts add that on. Also forgot the tools, all you need is a fork cap wrench and some sockets and wrenches. And you can make your own mechanics stopper tool out of a piece of metal or use a wrench or something.

After the first time, its just like routine maintenance, and alot cheaper then paying for it.

i payed $900 for a rebuild revalve and respring...

o ya i also had to buy a new fork leg because my left fork leg got hit with a rock..........somehow:confused:

Changing seals and such was the easiest thing I have ever done...I can't believe people charge so much to do that stuff. All I needed was an impact, a wrench and a plastic block to drive the seals down. I did them on my brother's 03 rm250 easilly.

About $32.00 with my labor. All learned here on TT!!:censored: I llove TT:worthy: