Sign in to follow this  

Pit bikes

:censored: Why do people choose to make the crf50 a pit bike over the crf70. The 70 is bigger for adults, right? Can you not mod the 70? I'm not trying to ask a stupid question I just have no idea about the pit bike craze. Also wondering if you can pump up the crf70.

the point of a mini is to be small. its awesome riding such a small and light bike. the challenge and the customization.

theres tons of built 70s. stunt, dirt. look the forum a little longer and youll see some sick bikes. www.reegmx.com builds 70's better than anyone.

I think the original point was that the 50 is the smallest. A 70 is considered "midsize" and races with the Kawazuki 110s - from what I hear it's more cost effective to go with the Kawazuki. Personally, if I want to ride anything bigger than a 50 I'll just ride my CR125.

I rode a 50 for a long time and adapted to the little thing really well but now that I am on a 70, I don't want to go back to a 50. The 70 costs a bit more to upgrade if you want a different frame. But, forks, swingarms, shocks, engines from the 50s go right on the 70s.

I like the bigger seat and the distance between my knees and the bars. I had a BBR bar kit and +1 frame on my 50 and it was nowhere near as comfortable as on my 70. But, a 70 will put you in the 12" class if you are racing. If you don't plan on racing and you are tall get the 70.

I think the 50 might be too small for me but I'm going to check one out this week, also a 70 and 80