Sign in to follow this  

Best spots in the USA???

Let me start by just saying hi. I'm new. Here is a little about me. At 7 years old I started riding motorcycles. I stayed on them for years landing a job at a local dealer at 16. I worked at dealers for over 10 years and rode the whole time. Everything from racing motocross to sport bikes. About 4 years ago I left the motorcycle business to start a career it the fire service/EMS. I sold the bikes and went back to school. Now that I'm in the fire service and settled, I'm getting back into bikes BIG TIME. I'm going to be buying a XR650R, CRF250X, (or R) CRF50, and a RC51. I'm planning on getting the whole family involved. My son is going to be 5 this year and my wife thinks it would be really cool to learn how to ride. Were are all the best places to go? I live in Texas and want to take the family out to some beatiful places. I also plan on taking the XR650R on some solo rides anywere and everywere. My friend and I are planning a trip to Baja through http://www.chrishaines.com/. Thanks guys and I'm so happy to be back on 2 wheels!!

Let me know if I should be posting this somewere else???? Thanks...

XR650R, CRF250X, (or R) CRF50, and a RC51,

Thats a hell of a wish list.

Yah, I should be fun! I'm selling a car and using all the money from it to buy the bikes.

Taylor Park Colorado. Three hours from Denver, great camping, and hundreds of miles of awsome single track. Most are marked and maps are readily available. I live in Tucson AZ and it's well worth the trip! Have fun

Yah, I should be fun! I'm selling a car and using all the money from it to buy the bikes.

that must be one hell of a car.......

Cool! Thanks guys! Keep the ideas comming!! no break - The car is a 1998 M3that has been my baby. For sale is 2 weeks!! It's paid off, so that is what I'm going to use.

I'm about 2 hours north of Austin.

If you had the 250 you could go to the SideWinder Enduro in Bastrop this sunday, just east-ish of Austin ..... I'm headed there with my 03WR250F and a couple of friends ..... lots of off road riding kicking in this time of year here!

Southern cali has a lot of awesome riding with great scenery. You can buy a tail map and spend hours out of city imits.

If you had the 250 you could go to the SideWinder Enduro in Bastrop this sunday, just east-ish of Austin ..... I'm headed there with my 03WR250F and a couple of friends ..... lots of off road riding kicking in this time of year here!

Nice! I have not been there in years! I've got to sell the car and get the bike first. It's going to be at lease 45 days. Keep in touch! We can go hit the dirt sometime. Do you ride MX or enduro....or both?? later..

Nice! I have not been there in years! I've got to sell the car and get the bike first. It's going to be at lease 45 days. Keep in touch! We can go hit the dirt sometime. Do you ride MX or enduro....or both?? later..

while you're 2 hours north, I'm 6 hours south of austin, (south padre island) so we'd really only get a chance to ride at enduro events together, maybe some harescrambles if I can get to a few of the closer ones, meaning san antonio, austin-ish area. I do ride the mx track some, not racing, but to train for enduro events and to round out my riding. I usually just free ride with the thought of enduros in the back of my mind. I like the west texas style of riding and terrain the most, so that's where I'm usually headed when you can get me off the island. I do a bunch of beach riding and have a really interesing 2 day DP beach ride in the planning stages which would include up to 650's so stay tuned .... anyway, back to putting on my brand new dunlop 773 on the back for this weekend ....... I'll be ready for that sand and mud!

Sounds like you live a little north of Waco? There are a couple riding spots around here you need to check out. One place is "Crooked Creek Cycle Park".

It has miles of trails, Some Quad-Able and some real single track. All well marked. If you are looking to do some Dual Sporting then you need to check out the Big Bend Area.

Here in Waco , I belong to the "Waco Eagles" cycle club. We have access to the motocross track just east of Waco. Dirt is rock hard tho.

You can check out lots of other places around Texas on the TON Network.

Thats "Texas Off-Road Network" on the web. It has links to all sorts of riding spots.

If you haven't found these websites already..

www.TWTEX.com

great general texas forum.. road, dual sport and offroad.

www.texasoffroad.net

great forums with almost every riding area in Texas

Texas has a great MX, Hare scrambles and enduro series. Tons of Clubs and good dual sporting around the LLano and Big Bend.

so riding here my be limited because the land is all private property but there is almost unlimited opprotunies to any type of motorcycle riding.