Sign in to follow this  

Rear Spring rate?

How do I know what my Rear shock spring is rated for?

Also

I'm taking my carb off and the top two screws that hold the throttle slider are beginning to be stripped, I can't find any screwdriver that will get a good enough grab to take it off. What do ya'all recommend?

Thanks for the help.

what year and model 250 or 125

About the top of the carb, if you end up stripping it, take some plyers and turn it a little, un screw and replace, dont not put them back on the bike

vise-grip the tops of the heads and if you are really cheap, hack saw a groove for a slot blade screwdriver.

Mark

Ooooo Good advice...Thanks...

As far as the year and model its an 05 YZ250 but the previous owner had the suspension revalved and set for his weight...I know this sounds dumb but he does not know what springs were put in...Anyways he ways about 45 pounds more than I do so I'm guessing its stiff but would like to know.

once you get the screws out (i had the same problem), replace them with allen head screws. i was able to find stainless at a local industrial supply outfit. be careful not to over tighten. by the way, they're the same size as the float bowl screws. get four more and solve that pain in the ass also.

as far as the spring goes, if it's an after market spring it will probably have a serial number somewhere on it. most of the time, the last few numbers will be the spring rate. racetech's spring charts will give you a ball park number of what is recomended for you. i'm doing the same thing now. the '05 i got was set up for supercross, way too stiff. it has a 5.8 on it. the charts say i should have a 5.3. what do ya' know, i took a 5.3 off my '03 wr450 a few years ago.