Sign in to follow this  

Pro Set Ups - KTM

Hi guys...

Havent really been able to find what im looking for, but wanted to know what things the guys racing ktms (pros) are doing with their bikes to iron out the little problems that we trailriders have... Even the FMX guys riding KTM would be setting their bikes up, or could they just be gud enough out of the box.

I know they dont want to give all their secrets away, but there must be some common knowledge out there.

Thinks like suspension, triple clamps, brakes, tyres, tyre pressure.

Im not a racer, but am looking at buying a 250exc (2t) to ride on the the trails. From what i read the SX models dont seem to have as many issues with headshake, but i could be wrong. Comments?

Not sure if any of the years 250sx would make a good bush bike? I know that some years have been heaps powerful up top, then others have had more hit off the bottom.

Years considering are '04, '05 and '06...

Cheers!

leeroy.

Most off roaders dont get any parts that arent available to the public, so they definately ride a bike thats closer to whats sold on the showroom floor than a factory supercross rider has. I would assume they have the suspension sprung and valved for them, aftermarket pipe to help get the desirered powerband they are looking for, maybe differant tripple clamps to change the offset. What really sperates their bikes from ours, is the amount of time setting it up. They spend countless hours testing differant sag settings, differant offset tripple clamps, air pressure in the tires, jetting, and so on. Most of us do a little research, and bolt up parts that we like, set the sag when you get the bike, and rarely touch it, and if your like me, you dont even play with the clickers that often. If you spent that much time on your bike, it would probably be very close to the bikes Works and GNCC riders have.