Sign in to follow this  

Fire roads in Japan

Thought I'd give some pics of my first dirt ride on the Husky. Oh, and this way you can see that there really are dirt roads in Japan.....

This is all about an hour from Tokyo....

Notice the clever hiding of the orange monster :lol:

392713109_b3b9eab0e6.jpg

392713481_56e698558c.jpg

sometimes you have to make your own trail through the landslide!

392713346_233a9acfdc.jpg

Here's me after my first fall. Husky isn't as shiny on the right side now...but at least i got some cred... :ride:

392713901_91a5be153f.jpg

392714233_0b9018b207.jpg

We took this road...you can see it winding all the way in the back....

392714052_0502f11997.jpg

For those that don't know....Japan is very mountainous....makes for great riding!

392714549_9792962a5c.jpg

yeeeha. I'm loving this bike!! :censored:

• Like 1

Did you guys run into anyone else riding up there? That looked like a lot of fun.

Looks like a great place to go ridin':applause:

Thanks for sharing the pictures- they came out great!

It's funny how people can think that certain countries are a certain way, but don't really know what they're talking about. I've heard a few people say they think the USA is all sand :ride:

So it makes sense to me that you would explain that such fire roads do exist in japan :censored:

thanks for sharing. I want to know more about riding in Japan! Are there trails and single track? What type of terrain are off road races done on? Is there public land for off road riding? tell me more!

Nice pics. BTW, it's ironic that you and your buddy ride Husky and KTM and not Japanese bikes.

Nice pics. BTW, it's ironic that you and your buddy ride Husky and KTM and not Japanese bikes.

Not too ironic...he's canadian with a ktm fetish, i'm american with a cagiva fetish. it all works out... :censored:

thanks for sharing. I want to know more about riding in Japan! Are there trails and single track? What type of terrain are off road races done on? Is there public land for off road riding? tell me more!

good question.

I believe there are trails and single track. I suspect you'll find out with my learning curve. :censored:

We initially found some hiking trails. not sure if we are allowed on them or not. The legalities are a bit confusing/unknown. So we tried.... it was a bit more of a challenge than what I wanted for my first trip.... went way up this mountain thing. even ran into some hikers, who said hello and seemed friendly though we were on some loud-ish bikes. kinda ended when we struggled to make the switchbacks up a hiking trail. NOT meant for bikes. then we found the one i show above....

There IS public land for off road practice, especially around rivers. This more MX-ish as far as I can tell, but is totally fine to ride on.

-colin